Quantcast

Can i patch a very small hole in a camelback with a tube patch?

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Tried it... Doesn't work.

I got a new C-back, and before I could put it in my cat decided to test his claws on it.
Never got it leak proof:(

time and money... just buy generic replace ment bladder. if you are on a trail and loosing water, share with others, or ... if real emergency then there are no rules, and patch it with what you got... tree sap and sticks and mud, who cares if you are days out... but really, ..... replace it.

R

rstrange1

Stay with camelbak equipment. The others burst. Just replace as neccesary. It is worth it to keep professional equipment.

Attachments

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
Originally posted by BFD
I'd try Duct Tape. If you can't Duct it... Fu¢k it. :D
used that until ANOTHER hole popped in the piece of crap and threw it out, right now im using my brothers reservoir and my pack.

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
just get a glue stick(one of the hard ones for a glue gun) go at the tip with a lighter until it just starts to melt-best to use a bic lighter instead of a zippo or something, smear the melted glue on and around the hole while melting the bladder slightly.

if that doesnt work, well, i'd say you're screwed.

Rustmouse

Chimp
Aug 9, 2002
Olympia, WA
sounds like the bladder got damaged by something (the blue camelback bladders can be damaged by oil/grease and some chemicals, causing em to leak easily)

if your camelback gets oil on it frequently (like mine, i keep my emergency repair stuff in my bag!) get the grey bladder (like the military uses).. it's chemical resistant (and tougher) than the blue one...

< 3 years on mine and counting...

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
will work fine ,and as far as the guy`s forgetting to put gas in their cars before you get out of town ,don`t use your bladder again as a gas can it taste sucks ,and might burn a hole in your CB :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ;) BTW my new one the big hole ones leaks really bad and also was not put together properlly and I kept getting the funck and I could not figure it out until I took the blak ring off and noticed the threaded ring had a gap around it and I was growing the funk there :eek: :eek: :eek: ,I know the warranty them ,maybe I can get one of the jarhead ones ;)