Quantcast

Can we get a moderator?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I recommend ire, MMcG or wumpus. (sorry bogey, you're as trustworthy as me :D) I'd say Serial Midget, but he's not here enough.

Maybe we could vote for one?

I'd like a mod who'll be active here. Like starting the clothing thread and getting that sticky.

I'd be nice if we had other stickies, like the typical, "Post your ride" thread that gets started here periodically.

Also, a mod isn't just about deleting stuff, they should start and encourage conversations. There are lots of quality people here, but ire for example has been active with starting relevant threads along those lines.

And maybe if I got some into mod-hood, they'll make me a sticky commuting thread :D

Mr. Hankey

Monkey
May 13, 2007
Ohio
dude this board seems too slow to need a mod. I joined bike forums over the weekend, because this board seems to never move.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
dude this board seems too slow to need a mod. I joined bike forums over the weekend, because this board seems to never move.
That's part of the point. A moderator should create and motivate conversations in addition to deleting your posts.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
me, me, pick me!!! I'll do it!!!

<edit> I'm a government worker with lots of time on his hands!!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Do you really want to invite the iron fist of thread-closing, response- editing oppression into the forum?

Or we could just ask someone other than Echo to moderate. Judging by his cameltoe, I doubt he'd be able to pull off that smoothe shaven look.:brows:

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
I'll do it until I can choose a permanent mod for the forum. So what needs to be done? Can you list links to threads that need to be stickied?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I have shaved legs and everything. Here are some pics of me racing cross this last weekend, look close and you can see the shaved legs ( I race road and xc as well). Since I race cross I should get it :) Plus I won't edit a bunch of threads, I'll promote conversation, and make stickies....I'm pretty laid back.

Mr. Hankey

Monkey
May 13, 2007
Ohio
I vote IRE, because he has similar tastes, and knows how to setup saddle to bar drop properly. It should be a requirement the user must have 4.5"+ of bar drop to be considered for the job.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I'll do it until I can choose a permanent mod for the forum. So what needs to be done? Can you list links to threads that need to be stickied?
Seriously, I really appreciate it as I'd like pavement riding to be more involved in RM. Thank you.

For your consideration:
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2698080#post2698080
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2698084#post2698084
I'm not sure what James is thinking, so I'll let him create the so-called Official thread and he can write a description in the first post...
Also vote for a stickied "Ride" thread.

This is the "road" forum not the "road racing" forum.
Ideally, it's the pavement forum... road biking, road racing, touring, commuting... pavement.