Quantcast

Canadian speeding tickets

Guntruck

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
Mill Creek, WA
On my way to Fromme yesterday I got a damn ticket from one of those goofy lookin mounties. He was just sitting right after the truck crossing in Blaine waiting for people used to driving 80mph to speed in the stupid 45mph zone. Anyway.... I got pulled over for doing 99kph in the 60kph.... its like 200cdn!!! Has anybody else gotten one? What happens if you plain dont pay? If you do pay... how did you guys take care of it? It says I can send a check but do I send a check for the amount in USD or CDN?? Ive never used a check in Canada before. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Guntruck said:
On my way to Fromme yesterday I got a damn ticket from one of those goofy lookin mounties. He was just sitting right after the truck crossing in Blaine waiting for people used to driving 80mph to speed in the stupid 45mph zone. Anyway.... I got pulled over for doing 99kph in the 60kph.... its like 200cdn!!! Has anybody else gotten one? What happens if you plain dont pay? If you do pay... how did you guys take care of it? It says I can send a check but do I send a check for the amount in USD or CDN?? Ive never used a check in Canada before. :mad: :mad: :mad:

send use a currency converter and send the check, other wise you no go to canada anymore..theyll stop ya and turn ya around at the border, so I have heard. I always speed though... ;) well up there :)

ggrubb

Monkey
Jul 3, 2002
Endub Empire
$198(canadian)

I got a ticket last sunday north of Squamish in the "construction zone". 29K over the posted speed limit, which the limit was reduced due to the construction. So I was doing 60mph when the zone was 40mph. The construction zone is like 20 miles. Of course they didnt pull over the guy I was following, but did also give the "soccer mom" in the mini-van following me a ticket, so I guess there are no favorites. Canada doesn't double the fine in construction zones like Washington, so that is good.

>DETAINED AT THE BORDER (going up) BY CUSTOMS.........1 hour
>TICKET IN A CONSTRUCTION ZONE...............................$198
>BEING ASKED BY U.S. CUSTOMS IF I HAVE "B.C. BUD"
BUT HEARING HIM ASK IF I HAVE "BUSY BUTT".................PRICELESS

I assume that they can check on unpaid tickets when you show your ID at the border. You get $25 off if you just send it in within 30 days.

AA_Freeze

Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
Ferndale,Wa
Sounds like you werent going too fast, if you go fast enough you can outrun the metric system :think:

I didnt think your ford would go that fast anyways.....hahaha :)

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
I got one doing 150 Kph about 6 years ago

Still have not paid it. I've been to Canada a couple of times since with no probs.

edinSvenson2

Chimp
Feb 10, 2004
bibs said:
send use a currency converter and send the check, other wise you no go to canada anymore..theyll stop ya and turn ya around at the border, so I have heard. I always speed though... ;) well up there :)
I never pay parking tickets that I get in Canada, and they still allow me in - driving the same infamous vehicle nonetheless.

Erin