Quantcast

Canberra World Cup

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
wow, peat and rennie were uh, close. that looks like a runners 100 meter sprint.

"sorry old boy, but he beat you by 1/100th of a second fair and square"

Last edited:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Mind games, prob didn't do timed training session.
He only does 2 runs per weekend ;)
ah misunderstood this was timed training, was thinking this was qualies. definitely looks like mind games, but hopefully rennie pulls something out of the bag, he's one of my favorite racers

adrock33

Monkey
May 7, 2002
kentucky
does anyone know what happened to the live coverage with freecaster? Yesterday, they had the dh coverage starting this morning.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Congrats to Graves...hopefully he is going to Austria finals...An Anneke upset again, she should be walking away with wins while Jill is out. Litter pic comments sure are grouchy, might have to change the domain to bittermag.com

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
How can you have an all Aussie DH podium when Peaty is going to be on it as he has been pretty much all season? :biggrin:
as have minnaar and gee pretty much

and both of them seem to do fairly well when pedaling is involved.

I predict one, maybe two aussies on the podium if rennie pulls through.

E86

Chimp
Jul 6, 2007
Huntington Beach, CA
Seriously. I am also on the west coast in the USA and it does suck to get up at 3am and log onto the website and have it tell you that it is canceled. Atleast they could give an explanation and let us know if the DH will be broadcast.
Does anyone know why the coverage of the last 2 events had sucked? Earlier int he year i was able to see the events on time and with no issues. I hope everything resumes as normal for the finals. The championship is going to go down to the last race:clapping:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
It is supposed to be. I am trying to find out why 4x was cancelled. I talked to them about 2 hours before they were scheduled to go live and they were all dialed? Must have been connection issues on site.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Ok so here is the deal - internet connection on site was not enough to keep up the broadcast and they just couldn't sustain a connection to the servers in Europe.

They are working on DH but it is doubtful it will be live. Runs will be up within a few minutes of the end of the race, worst case.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Cheers for that....
DIRT video has cedric himself saying the Oz Commencal distributor brought him a new bike.
Litter says Cedric went to a shop and bought a stock bike.

Kovariks been looking good in these videos, man I hope he can put one together in the homeland...all his fontana training might pay off by the looks of the track ;)

Hot

Apr 8, 2003
kangaroo land.
Cheers for that....
DIRT video has cedric himself saying the Oz Commencal distributor brought him a new bike.
Litter says Cedric went to a shop and bought a stock bike.

Kovariks been looking good in these videos, man I hope he can put one together in the homeland...all his fontana training might pay off by the looks of the track ;)

Hot
No, the local dealer (mal adjusted) in canberra supplied the bike.

There was a group of guys who gave the chainreaction team a mangina salute today, was very funny.

Apr 8, 2003
kangaroo land.
Track is pretty muddy after a night of rain I have been hearing, can anyone confirm?
It's still drizzling now (8.30am)windy and cold. The track is wet but well drained and it doesn't have much clay in it so no real mud to speak of yet. we'll see after a few more runs.

The whole hill is exposed so the wind will dry off the track pretty quickly if it stops raining and should be dust free and tacky, but If it stays wet some bits will get slippery and very gritty, on the whole though it won't be too bad, Nothing like euro mud.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Hope next season will be brillant for matti.
He sure deserves it after all this **** luck he's had

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Hopefully it looks worse than it actually is and he's back soon.
i donno, I broke my wrist on the second day, and it wasn't even healed yesterday. Took a small fall, and now the tendons are totally boned, I can't lift more then about a pound with it, can't spread my fingers or rotate my wrist, or blahblahblah. If he broke both wrists, I imagine he's done for the next couple months. Poor guy, I remember in an interview with him recently he was totally pumped about his 14th place and how he was on his way to working back up to the top.

I'm pulling for him, but realistically, if both of his wrists are indeed broken he's gonna be out for a loong time

ph4se_1

Chimp
Jun 17, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
come on matti get back on top and show everyone where u deserve to be.very unlucky all season but an amazing rider and really needs some things to go his way.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Qualifying is underway.

Moseley, Atherton, Jonnier

Minnar 2:47, Peat 2:47, Rennie, 2:49, Barel 2:49, Polc 2:50. Hill sitting somewhere around 8th.
so basically whoever places higher between peat/gee and hill/minnaar will take 3rd and 1st respectively. gotta love the fact that its the second to last race of the year and theres still that much switching at the top level

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Ah yes, "Semi-final." So it says if you follow my link above...
Right, only the ones I posted went up before the top 10 was even done riding. ;)

Also, the overall is getting closer by the run, so awesome. As a fan, this is quite possibly the best season ever.