Quantcast

Canfield Bros

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
canfield has been having really aggressive sales lately. Don't know what's up with that...new stuff coming down the pipe, or nobody buying their old stuff?

Cerberus75

Monkey
Feb 18, 2017
canfield has been having really aggressive sales lately. Don't know what's up with that...new stuff coming down the pipe, or nobody buying their old stuff?
Nothing new as of now. They had plans of 2 new bikes. A carbon 140/150 and aluminum 200mm travel bike that pedals well and can use both wheel sizes.

Now they are pretty quite, saying this is a down year for them. They may move to Utah....lot of speculation they might not stay in business

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Nothing new as of now. They had plans of 2 new bikes. A carbon 140/150 and aluminum 200mm travel bike that pedals well and can use both wheel sizes.

Now they are pretty quite, saying this is a down year for them. They may move to Utah....lot of speculation they might not stay in business
that would be a shame, they were one of the smaller companies from the early days of DH that managed to stay in business.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
They seem to be along the same lines as Turner. One of those companies that is (sadly) easily forgotten about, now. Perhaps because of zero advertising, no really any "pro" representation at events etc etc.

Speak to most new riders and I bet they don't even know who the Canfield's, Turner etc are....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
They seem to be along the same lines as Turner. One of those companies that is (sadly) easily forgotten about, now. Perhaps because of zero advertising, no really any "pro" representation at events etc etc.

Speak to most new riders and I bet they don't even know who the Canfield's, Turner etc are....
yea, a lot of these older/smaller companies struggled to stay competitive when everything got outsourced to ASPAC.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I don't know how much attention one should be paying to the rumors of production difficulties with their new (crabon?) frames, but it sure looks like they are in a tight cash management mode now. I took advantage of their sale and got me a Riot frame sans shock for $750 and I am loving the bike. I never had anything bad happen to my previous Canfield frame - the Balance - despite me being a talentless fatass hack so even if they go under, I believe I'll be enjoying the Riot for a while. And if not, I have a great reason to call the GG guys! ;)

Cerberus75

Monkey
Feb 18, 2017
I don't know how much attention one should be paying to the rumors of production difficulties with their new (crabon?) frames, but it sure looks like they are in a tight cash management mode now. I took advantage of their sale and got me a Riot frame sans shock for $750 and I am loving the bike. I never had anything bad happen to my previous Canfield frame - the Balance - despite me being a talentless fatass hack so even if they go under, I believe I'll be enjoying the Riot for a while. And if not, I have a great reason to call the GG guys! ;)
I wish they invested more in hyroforming aluminum instead of carbon. Their frames could stand to loose some weight (smash and fugitive are almost a lb lighter) I love my Riot but it is a little flexy with the twin upper links.
The riot loves a good coil shock
But they sure did find the winning formula for a good peddling bike that likes chunk.