Quantcast

Canfield Candiggle

AA_Freeze

Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
Ferndale,Wa
Got it in Saturday, 34.66 pounds right now, throwing my Saint Dual ring cranks and E-13 DRS tonight, so hopefully I can keep it under 38 pounds.

banrider

Monkey
Nov 24, 2004
what rear tire size are you running?? I think the new Canfield's have little space between the chainstays and rear tire so the tire choice could be limited because of this...??

Rover Nick

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
It looks like he's running a 2.5" Michelin. I'm not really sure anyone needs much bigger in the rear

EDIT: It's actually a 2.2"

banrider

Monkey
Nov 24, 2004
I'm actually running a Michelin 2.5 so that would be okay for me...I dont know the Can Diggle but in the Jedi that Bullcrew posted a little ago, there was little clearence between the chainstays and rear tire he was running (I think it was a kenda 2.5 ??)
It looks like he's running a 2.5" Michelin. I'm not really sure anyone needs much bigger in the rear

JewBagel

Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
oregon
Sick frame. I'd really like to hear a ride report. I was considering getting a Jedi to replace my aging DH bike but even the EP cost for those frames is prohibitive. I've heard nothing but good things so far but if I was going to shell out that coin I'd want something USA made, and maybe some color choice besides black.

AA_Freeze

Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
Ferndale,Wa
I have a Michelin 2.2 Dh16 on the rear..you can definately run a DH16 2.5 no problem. The Jedi rear is also a lot different than the CanDiggle, but there is not much clearance on the Jedi. Maxxis tires run a bit narrower so I dont think any issues with fitment if you run a Maxxis. I will post some pix later this week with different tire choices. Kenda tires are fat so I see why theres issues with fits.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
I have a Michelin 2.2 Dh24 on the rear..you can definately run a DH16 2.5 no problem. The Jedi rear is also a lot different than the CanDiggle, but there is not much clearance on the Jedi. Maxxis tires run a bit narrower so I dont think any issues with fitment if you run a Maxxis. I will post some pix later this week with different tire choices. Kenda tires are fat so I see why theres issues with fits.

Sure looks like a 16 on the back..can't quite tell for sure because of the pic size/quality. If so, that is a VERY odd combo with a 24 in front.

BTW, your front tire is on backwards as well.

AA_Freeze

Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
Ferndale,Wa
uggh, ya its a 16 on the rear, and the rear is on backwards not the front if you look at Michelins recommended rotation. Still muddy here and this combo works good. Last year everyone rode Maxxis minion rears for a set, this year its the fronts..I try different combos.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
whoa, that bike is very nice. be sure to post a ride report, i really like the new canfield stuff, they stepped it up huge.

MattP.

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
on a bike like that you could run XT cranks instead of saints and save some weight.
I thought about running XT's on my Diggle, but since it'll be my DH bike, opted for the Saints. Planning to have over 30 days in the bike park this summer. :cheers:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I thought about running XT's on my Diggle, but since it'll be my DH bike, opted for the Saints. Planning to have over 30 days in the bike park this summer. :cheers:
how much do you weigh? if you're light enough xt's are fine for dh. i know plenty of people that run them. but i have saints and love them. so either way it'll rock!

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
uggh, ya its a 16 on the rear, and the rear is on backwards not the front if you look at Michelins recommended rotation. Still muddy here and this combo works good. Last year everyone rode Maxxis minion rears for a set, this year its the fronts..I try different combos.

I know exactly where you are (look at my location). I will say it again..your front tire is on backwards.

You could make a MUCH better combo with those two tires for the averge western washington terrain.

Put the 16 on front, and put the 24 on back. Put them both with the arrows facing backwards (it is a traction arrow, not a rolling direction arrow...they are french...) For earlier season conditions, you can cut the intermediate lugs off the 24 for better cornering and mud clearing. A non-cut 24 on front, on any thing other than true hardpack is scary....I cut all mine.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I cannot tell in the picture, but will you be needing to run an Etype derailer or does that seat tube come down far enough to mount a derailer on? Just curious how they plan of seting up a front derailer

stteamrider

Chimp
Dec 11, 2006
Got it in Saturday, 34.66 pounds right now, throwing my Saint Dual ring cranks and E-13 DRS tonight, so hopefully I can keep it under 38 pounds.
Schweeettt.... get her completed and ride the hell out of there... We'll wait for your write up...

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
werd. Oh and travis my server issues should be resolved tomorrow so i can upload the footage from yesterday.

edit: server is back up. i'll upload the video tonight.
Drew sent a couple of proofs of Bobby over to examine. Look good, Ill pop a couple over after drew scales them inoperable for use. As a courrtesy to him, not trying to be a butt!
The drop one he's sending it, good position and style, the corner came out good as well. They are geared more for marketing ads in the magazines and portfolio then anything else which is good for his sponsors.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Drew sent a couple of proofs of Bobby over to examine. Look good, Ill pop a couple over after drew scales them inoperable for use. As a courrtesy to him, not trying to be a butt!
The drop one he's sending it, good position and style, the corner came out good as well. They are geared more for marketing ads in the magazines and portfolio then anything else which is good for his sponsors.
I thought that was the point? LOL! Glad to hear they turned out well.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Looks good. I think the pic is an illusion as the wheelbase looks like it is 70 inches.

May be tough to get under 38 lbs considering you still need cranks, rings, front derailler, BB, chain and chainguide - all that to be less than 3.5 lbs.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
sram or shimano? I've never heard of such a thing, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's hard to tell what the exact spacing is b/w the BB and the seat tube, but it appears to be pretty substantial.
They both make a Hi mount bottom pull front derailer. most the sram derailers are both top and bottom pull. Bottom line, its a front derailer.... who cares which one you have, there interchangable in the front.