Quantcast

Cannondale Prophet 600

Shwayd

Chimp
Mar 27, 2005
San Diego, CA
Anyone have any experiences/opinions on the Cannondale Prophet 600? I checked it out a bit today and it seemed pretty nice. It was one of the few bikes at the shop that really seemed to fit me decently (I'm ~6'5") and seemed to have some nice features.

I'd also like to see comments on the Cannondale Prophet 800, as that may also be an option.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
It will be hard to get much info on prophets this early in this region. Not many, I'm sure, owns one just yet -much less ridden that long on one. Here, you either own a Turner or more specifically in San Diego, an Ellsworth and nothing else. If you go pass San Clemente to the north, it's guaranteed Turner-land. There's a grumpy Pakistani there who doesn't appreciate bikes with decals and stickers too, so be warned.

Otherwise, I'd get the Shiver and PM Pegboy for the freerideability of the Prophet.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
A friend of mine recently sold his Spec Epic and Enduro in favor of his Prophet. I haven't ridden it yet, but I trust his bike opinion, so it must be pretty damn good.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
reflux said:
A friend of mine recently sold his Spec Epic and Enduro in favor of his Prophet. I haven't ridden it yet, but I trust his bike opinion, so it must be pretty damn good.
If this friend you speak of is Rabie or Pegboy, I'd trust Mountain Bike Action more.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Orven said:
If this friend you speak of is Rabie or Pegboy, I'd trust Mountain Bike Action more.
Nope, I have no clue who Pegboy is. I've ridden with the one you call Rabie, but that was over a year ago and he had a frame with lotsa speed holes in it. I'd totally trust MBA anyday though, RC is the man... hmm.. Enduro or Prophet... I'd definitely suggest a Seven steel hardtail.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
reflux said:
I have no clue who Pegboy is
He's an outstanding freerider in the Bellflower area and portions of Gardenia. He's tested bikes before for MBA -for their freerideability characteristics. He once almost became an editor for MBA, but like Rabie, he also mispelled "freerding" and "freerider" a lot.

I think the Prophets at Supergo that I've seen are kinda cool.

Shwayd

Chimp
Mar 27, 2005
San Diego, CA
Orven said:
He's an outstanding freerider in the Bellflower area and portions of Gardenia. He's tested bikes before for MBA -for their freerideability characteristics. He once almost became an editor for MBA, but like Rabie, he also mispelled "freerding" and "freerider" a lot.

I think the Prophets at Supergo that I've seen are kinda cool.
Thanks all. I'll test out a few bikes tomorrow to see how they feel. If my research doesn't fail me, I'll end up getting either a Prophet 600 or 800.

Orven: The best word in the world to misspell is "mispell". I love seeing that one. :p

Shwayd

Chimp
Mar 27, 2005
San Diego, CA
For those who may be interested, I went ahead and bought the Cannondale Prophet 600 (Midnight Blue [matte]). I've probably spent about 6 hours on it since I got it yesterday and I'm loving the bike. Next weekend it will see its first decent trail (I've been riding it on the road and through easy offroad stuff to break myself in).

In a few weeks or so maybe I'll hit some of you up to see if you want to hit a trail or two. I still have to get into decent biking shape before dragging anyone out with me. ;)