Quantcast

Car for Africa

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
holy cow what a thread revive.

also it finally reminded me of @CrabJoe StretchPants 's original username :rofl:
I could have sworn I'd started a project thread on the FJ but couldn't find it. Found this thread instead so I just figured it was all part of a continuing saga anyhow.

And I totally forgot the evolution of the screenname. I hope he enjoys the RFX on the back of that truck, lol.

I have an old truck with old bikes on it.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
The other day I actually found the post by JK coming up with my current username, as I forgot how it came about exactly, in context.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
And a Salvadoran Codependence Hound to boot.

He actually refuses to ride in the Ford Escape now, but whines to get in the truck whenever we pass it on the way out to walk.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
the fact there is no rust or very little is amazing....

convert to HF55 5spd....ship it to the states and sell it for 50k.....
Definitely coming back Stateside. The trans swap is a big maybe. I see the advantages but don't want to do the work and kinda like having it original, even though I'm not an automatic guy. I also do prefer automatic for two-foot driving in tricky traction conditions offroad.

If I found a box here locally I'd consider ordering the conversion kit tho.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Rust-wise the passenger fender has rot under the paint. Dealing with that later and counting lucky that's the lion's share of it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Rust-wise the passenger fender has rot under the paint. Dealing with that later and counting lucky that's the lion's share of it.
given the climate.....surprised the roof/drip rails are not rusted through...

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Gave in to nostalgia and got the KC Daylighters. Stainless 130w spread light kit. May need to go with some lower wattage bulbs but we'll see. Looking for proper vinyl soft covers too.

1615585258994.png

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
1622568615015.png

Drove up a mountain to buy a surfboard.

New bumper in place. They couldn't make what I want so they told me they could, then made what they could. But for $250 it's nicely done so I ain't complaining. Beats that monstrosity on there before.

KC Daylighters in stainless were unavailable, turns out; went with the Apollo lights instead. Thinner, cheaper, stone guards don't need to come off to use them...

Last edited: