Quantcast

Carlmont sucks...

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
... don't go there.

:)

Shane just built up his new DHR, so that was our excuse to head out there on Sat.

Rich checks out a chute...

... and drops it.

Another angle

Shane on another drop

"Honey, does this jump make my ass look big?"

Got booters?

Rich on top of Shane (so to speak)

I didn't want to feel left out:

As you can see, Carlmont sucks, so don't waste your time.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
That stuff is big. I watched my buddy Alex hit that roll in, and it was huge.

I don't go out there much anymore. I hate the terrain out there, and some of that stuff if just "kill yourself big".

Nice shots.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
That place really looks lame.

I really want to go. I have still never been. WTF, where has Rich been!? I have been texting him about rides and got nothing back. Jerk Ass. =P

knobbyknees

Chimp
Jul 18, 2006
Hey guys, just a friendly heads-up

I got contacted by a person fairly high up in the City about the garbage and the burned couch up there. There have been complaints, about the trash and about shuttlers in the neighborhood drawing attention to themselves.

Suggestions:

1. Let's clean up the trash. I gave out a roll of garbage bags, let's fill them up and carry them down to the fence.
2. Let's get the big debris out of there. Someone has dragged part of the couch part way down. Let's get it all the way down and the rest of the big junk too.
3. Call me (Patty @ 650-620-9798) when you have a pile of trash at the fence. I'll come up with the truck and haul it down to the dumpster at Passion Trail Bikes.
4. If you shuttle, try to be discrete and blend in with the residents. Keep the radio quiet. Keep your voice down. Drive sedately and make normal turns. Don't make U-turns in the middle of Hastings. Don't linger at your vehicle dressed in armor, and don't drop trou and change at your vehicle. Basic stuff.
5. Once we get it cleaned up, let's keep it clean.
6. Any other ideas people might have?

Pass the word on to people you see out there. I know a bunch of kids are going to have time off around the holidays, so hopefully they can put some time into keeping this place open. I really hope this concern fades and isn't brought up again any time soon.

Regards, Patty

May 13, 2008
The Bay.
trash clean up day is needed!!!! its not bikers that are problem per say over local trouble maker kids...near the high school..[perfect for derilicts like myself to hang in their youth.}

heads up for outsiders carlmont has a ton of glass. pad up well.

Jimw. great pics i love that chute with the g out at the bottom did you guys hit the moto whoops?
they kill your bike but man they are fun to hammer at speed.

knobbyknees

Chimp
Jul 18, 2006
trash clean up day is needed!!!! its not bikers that are problem per say over local trouble maker kids...near the high school..[perfect for derilicts like myself to hang in their youth.}

heads up for outsiders carlmont has a ton of glass. pad up well.
I didn't mean to imply that mtn bikers were the source of all the trash, only that it exists and its presence there threatens continued access to the jumps.

I am ready to support a trash cleanup day and can provide garbage bags, shovels and brooms, etc. I can also haul the trash away once it's been brought down to the fence. It looks like the RideSFO guys want to coordinate something. I have trailwork scheduled for Waterdog on Saturday 12/20, so I could drop off tools in the morning and haul trash in the afternoon. I can also help on other days. I think getting it done during the holiday break can help you get some groms involved and since a lot of people may be up there then it would be nice if the place looked better.

Patty

Jump Chump

Chimp
Feb 21, 2005
A, A
Thanks, Patty, for offering to help remove and dispose of trash at Carlmont.

I've talked to some folks at the rideSFO forum, and we're looking to set up a clean-up day for 2nd week in January.

If folks are interested in cleaning up before then, please do.

Otherwise, after the holidays, I'll post back here with clean-up info.

It would be great to have people show up, help clean up top to bottom, and get some riding in.

We all know how awesome Carlmont is. Let's all help to keep it clean and open!

damon

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I'll definitely try to make it. I've got a Tundra and tie-downs and can hold trash cans, that stupid couch, old wood, etc. I'd just need a dumpster to take it all to.

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
is there really that much trash out there these days? i was out there about a month ago and it didn't look bad at all... besides that couch and some crap lying around it. I think it could be cleaned up pretty quick, what the place really needs is a maintenance day. i would be down to pick up some trash and fix up some lips and berms, cause that place needs some love. its too bad theres no creek/hose out there to get water in the summer. everything falls apart so easily..

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I've got a truck I'd be willing to help move stuff too.

I've also got a 45 gallon trash can for water transportation if I can find some people to help me carry it up the hill, a watering can and one of those little portable pressure sprayers....

I like digging :D

Jump Chump

Chimp
Feb 21, 2005
A, A
besides that couch and some crap lying around it. I think it could be cleaned up pretty quick, what the place really needs is a maintenance day.
I wouldn't doubt that two or three big bags will take care of the trash. The point is that, in general, no one bothers to do anything about it until the locals complain.

The couch has been a sore point for what, a year now? (Remember the fire, the cops taking pictures, the cops stopping riders and interviewing them, etc.) Let's get rid of the couch once and for all.

If anyone wants to clean up before Jan 10th, please do. Otherwise, see you next month.

As for maintenance, it's raining. Get out there and maintain!

damon