Quantcast

>>>> Case of the Mondays GTM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Had a cold brewing all weekend. Felt crappy so I did work in the garden to get my mind off it. Feeling better today.

Last day of summer yesterday and we got a bonus beach day. Looking at the weather fall is in full swing.

Took the little guy off road Saturday and he did a pretty big OTB. He took well but such we got a bad start to dirt adventure like that.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Looks like I have the forest to myself this morning.

Skipped on DH due to incoming rain. Would rather not ride on wet clay... @mykel you been up at all lately?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Might go climbing with Haley and a family from school this afternoon. Wifey wants us to clean the house today, so that's on the 'get it done before she wakes up' list.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Nothing planned today. Climbing gym is closed as is Costco. Kids are coloring Moana drawings happily so I won't mess with a winning formula for them. Perhaps I'll write some Matlab code today.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
:wave:

Had teh beers and an amazing conversation with Mr and Mrs. @StiHacka last night. 10/10, would do again. Supposed to be windy today but I'm risking another ride into work because I'm an idiot.
Great time was had, thank you Sir, it was fantastic! :cheers:
Time to leave town and head for the mountains. The pictures won't take themselves, will they?

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Hello Monkies! It was a bit chilly on this morning's ride by the river, no mountain riding due to unpredictable smoke conditions.
Sorry we missed out today, hopefully smoke continues to improve re: rest of the week, I need to ride...

I found another BZN rider who is up for Line Creek Plateau in 2 weeks (weekend)

I'm planning to head up earlier that week (Weds?) to ride some of the smaller stuff around Red Lodge

https://www.trailforks.com/trails/line-creek-plateau/

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/416614/
16 miles
Distance
2,703 ft
Climb
-6,481 ft
Descent
2 miles
High Point

I may try Crystal Lake this Friday, driving up Thursday

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Went out for round two.

Sat down in my lawn chair and cracked a beer about 20 seconds before a monsoon hit. Close call. Though rookie mistake, the rest of my beer and water is in the car 100 feet away.

Besides this, the dirt today was amazing.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
^^^ Video title checks out.

I used to have a small glass jar, just small enough to slip into my drain/garbage disposal without me noticing. CRUNCHCRUNCHCRUNCHCRUNCHCRUNCHCRUNCHCRUNCHCRUNCHCRUNCHbbzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZ

Fuck.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
^^^ Video title checks out.

I used to have a small glass jar, just small enough to slip into my drain/garbage disposal without me noticing. CRUNCHCRUNCHCRUNCHCRUNCHCRUNCHCRUNCHCRUNCHCRUNCHCRUNCHbbzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZ

Fuck.
Drain disposers don't really exist up here. That being said, there were a few occasions while living in Aurora when there happened to be a small fork stuck in it. Could never hit the power switch fast enough. :D

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Got in some great demo rides today, about 14k vert. Lots of great bikes out there right now...but my two favorites were the 18' Slayer and my own Altitude. I guess I am just a fanboy (who needs to confirm my own purchasing decisions).
If I lived in Alta or Moab I would have a Slayer too.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Enjoying the mountains. Pikes peak - fantastic. Fossil beds - very nice. Fremont pass - great. Beer in Breckenridge - excellent. The holiday traffic was crazy though, luckily I was mostly going against it. Also, it feels like driving a big car with a California plate is a bit daring in Colorado.