Quantcast

Catty Woods Fall Vid

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Nice Nat! I thought you were burned out on shootin ;) I might have some interesting stuff for you down here, I will keep in touch.

C ya, Ted

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Nat - sick vid. It's hard as crap to capture what trails looks and feels like and you've pretty much got it. That zip line cam really shows the trails good - I've never been but the place looks amazing.

Dale's Trails look bonkers - IDK how you guys ride that at night. The underover nac-nac clip is rad. All good and nice. I can't wait to shovel...

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Thanks guys. Best thing about these trails is that if you ride them and donate (or buy a dvd off PAWOODS.com), it actually helps keep the trails alive.

Music is "Rusted Wheel" by Silversun Pickups- very cool band, easy to find on myspace.

Avatar, and all mass group 3D, is shown using circular polarized light (i think imax is linear polarized light). 3D TV's and laptops are just coming out, so full color home 3D is almost here. I love my ACER Aspire 5738DG-6165, which comes with glasses, but can also use the standard REAL D circular polarized glasses. So, red/blue glasses for internet stuff like justin said;)

HEY TED Tonta, you got some mad skills on this machine!!

Ted Grillin' at Catty on Vimeo

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
It is technically a like a club, thats how the insurance is set up. You need to have a waiver on file, there has to be club members present to ride, you need brakes and no alchohol. Those are the basic rules. Its also the type of place you show up with a shovel and not a bike the first time you go there, the guys are super cool it just helps the vibe to show some respect for the work put in there.

MIDigger

Chimp
Feb 23, 2010
Ann Arbor, MI
I wouldn't feel comfortable riding there until I put in at least a couple weeks of solid digging TBH. No better way to get to know the locals and also the lines than to dig and watch others ride :)

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Nats probably too busy with the kids to check this . . .

Yeah, he uses a stereoscopic setup. 2 cameras side by side with a gizmo that syncs the start and stop to keep the time code the same for both tapes. Thats part of the reason for zip lining, you wouldn't be able to zoom the two cameras at the same rate and the same zoom level. I'm not sure exactly how the two are edited togeather. Thats about all I know about the setup.