Quantcast

Central California

VA2SLOride

Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
I was thinking more coastal CA. I'm in San Luis Obispo, and there are some decent rides here, I was just looking for some variety. I've been up to Santa Cruz, which is pretty sick, but I'm looking for something closer to home

VA2SLOride

Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
SLO does have some good riding, you're right. I moved here last July and it seems that the only trails that I hit consistantly are Madonna and Shooters, which are, for all intents and purposes, pretty f**ing kick-ass. I'm just looking for a little variety, that's all...mix it up a little.

groovis

Chimp
Mar 18, 2004
San Diego, CA
SLO has tons of riding you just need to find a local to ride with, or go explore more. Here's a hint ride up shooters and then to the road on the ridge and out toward the ocean. Trails drop off to the left every couple of miles or just keep going until you reach pozo.

bicycleweed

Chimp
Apr 21, 2004
SLO
If you want to ride something fun, head on down to Buelton for the Firestone race this weekend. It sounds like it's gonna be off the hook. Plus tons of SLO people will be down there.

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
Originally posted by groovis
SLO has tons of riding you just need to find a local to ride with, or go explore more. Here's a hint ride up shooters and then to the road on the ridge and out toward the ocean. Trails drop off to the left every couple of miles or just keep going until you reach pozo.
if you go towards the ocean, you don't go towards pozo. it goes towards morro bay. but he's right, there are a crapload of rad trails that drop off the left side of the ridge ie; morning glory, pick and shovel, what trail, etc... if you're really into dh, and not just pretending, we have two rad ass trails that are only for serious dh riders.

VA2SLOride

Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
Thanks for the info....I was out there this weekend and believe I found Morning Glory? Would that be the 'next one' after shooters along the ridge?

DHing looks fun....but for the moment I'm just pretending. Hahah.