Quantcast

Chain Tensioner for a Stinky

Dirt Jumper

Chimp
Sep 6, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
First you need to buy a box guide or some sort of bracket to put your chain tensioner on. I'd recommend just buying the Truvativ Boxguide, unless you have a lot of dough, buy an e.thirteen street/trail security boxguide.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Dirt Jumper said:
First you need to buy a box guide or some sort of bracket to put your chain tensioner on. I'd recommend just buying the Truvativ Boxguide, unless you have a lot of dough, buy an e.thirteen street/trail security boxguide.
Huh? The bracket is part of the chain guide, not something you buy to mount it on.

The question to the original poster is, do you need a bashguard? Two rings? Three rings? Let us know how many rings you need and if you want a bashguard, and we can go from there :)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
the Inbred said:
so is that.
I'm not really sure what chainguide would work on Hussefelts, I don't own any. So I didn't offer false help.

Not posting at all would have been better, I agree. But it pisses me off when someone posts an honest mech question and gets that kind of response.

But I'm trying to be a non-fire-breathing H8R.

:D

mtbman4

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
windrock
I used to have a Stinky. I used an MRP system 2 with a 38 tooth chainring with no problems. It was the model smaller than a World Cup. Fit was tight though...
Cranks were Hussefelt...

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Just make sure to get a 4 x 104 bashgaurd. e-13 is an easier guide to setup that an MRP because you don't have to worry about 2 plates.