Quantcast

Chalk Creek Stampede 4X report

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
That was a pretty sick race! Everything went relatively smoothly, just like the preseason races, but took a little bit longer due to the obvious increase of competitors... I think, if possible, the random drawing for seading / brackets should begin during practice so that way we're not standing around baking in the sun for quite so long next time... still, it was a HUGE improvement over last year's MX races! Glad I could be a part of it, to see a bunch of familiar faces out there, and to witness the many notable improvements everyone made over the winter - and Brendan, sick pass man (you got your rematch) :D

I hope to see just you all at battle at the bear coming up on the 22nd of May...

Also, if anyone happened to find a pair of black Oakley Twentys laying around near the track and would be kind enough to let me know, I'm willing to pay shipping plus a 'lil bit of reward $ to get them back!

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
Originally posted by Beast
That was a pretty sick race! Everything went relatively smoothly, just like the preseason races, but took a little bit longer due to the obvious increase of competitors... I think, if possible, the random drawing for seading / brackets should begin during practice so that way we're not standing around baking in the sun for quite so long next time... still, it was a HUGE improvement over last year's MX races!

I agree 100%.....The race could be improved immensely if the drawing for seading and brackets was held during practice.

But overall a great race.

oh, and btw, if anyone has some pic's from the race i'd love to see them.

Axle

2young2ride

Chimp
Nov 23, 2003
Colorado
If they are going to use the random seeding, they need to make a change. Say you have a bracket of 16 with 11 riders. Rather than place all the byes and draw them. Fill each of the 4 gates with one bye and place the one extra in the drawing. This way they don't get brackets full of riders and others with 3 or 4 byes.

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
Yeah, all of those issues you guys are mentioning will be taken care of for Angelfire. They just wanted to do an open seeding so that they could gain some accountability and so that people don't think the race was "rigged" when the four fastest guys end up together in round 1. But both of the other issues will be fixed.

And Brandon, unfortunately, no Battle at the Bear for me. I'll be in Big Bear on the larger scale. You should come out there. If you can't make it, that's all good, we'll see you in Angelfire I guess. Maybe I'll figure out how to gate start by then.

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
Originally posted by DHblur
And Brandon, unfortunately, no Battle at the Bear for me. I'll be in Big Bear on the larger scale. You should come out there. If you can't make it, that's all good, we'll see you in Angelfire I guess. Maybe I'll figure out how to gate start by then.

You know what stinks about being a senior, the timing on Graduation... It's the 20th which means the chances of me getting out to Big Bear in time to practice and race are very slim... so I will be hitting up the little race (it has bear in its name so it must be kinda cool, right? hehe). Anyway, do you know how many jr. x guys are heading down there - because BATB may end up being a really small showing... And while you work on gate starts, I will be learning how to tame down the sketchyness - because as you know - it's pretty bad:p

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
Originally posted by Beast
Also, if anyone happened to find a pair of black Oakley Twentys laying around near the track and would be kind enough to let me know, I'm willing to pay shipping plus a 'lil bit of reward $ to get them back!
FOUND! A great big ol' thanks goes out to FT, and to the man who handed the glasses to FT... I really appreciate it guys!

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
Anyway, do you know how many jr. x guys are heading down there -
Well, I know that TJ, Billy, Pepe, me and 1 or two other guys are going to Big Bear. So the field probably won't be huge at BATB but it shouldn't be any worse than last year(two people) so long as it doesn't snow again.