Quantcast

challenge accepted

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
When your done with Border Patrol and ready to continue on into the civilian world I've heard these guys are always looking for someone like you. They've already done a bunch of great work defending their sovereign home land.
Nope..those guys are doing a lot of the dope rips nowadays. They've changed their name recently to combat the horrible public image they obtained from their criminal acts. You see, I have respect for this thing called "The Law" and I have taken several oaths to uphold the constitution, however it is interpreted. My dissent and interpretation of the constitution will not ever supersede the interpretation of those officials who's sole purpose is to maintain the integrity of said constitution through their legal decisions. I may be upset, I may whine and fuss, but my loyalty lies with the United States of America, not some militia wannabes who think themselves more important than the will of the republic.

On a side note: If I was a rancher on or near the border I'd be royally pissed at border-crossers. The trash problem has gotten so bad that layups can be seen on satellite imagery in the form of massive piles of plastic water bottles, food trash, backpacks, carpet booties, etc. The pristine Sonoran desert has become one massive trash dump from thousands and thousands of illegal entrants dumping their trash along their route....yet we are considered inhumane for making them pack their trash out of the desert when we catch them. Do you understand, or can you at least empathize with why I get upset at those who chose to break our laws and enter illegally?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
I was referring to the ~5.5 mil illegals who entered with valid visas and were inspected (anal cavities included I assume) but didn't GTFO on schedule.

And they knew that they were deportable the day they overstayed their visa. A visa is not a RIGHT to enter and remain in this country, it is simply the pass to "knock on the door" to seek admission < wording straight from the Immigration and Naturalization Act.

I didn't mention applications, apprehensions, or convictions. All I said was "deportations".

How do you think we get the deportations..they have to be apprehended and convicted first. There are thousands who are apprehended and not deported.

This whole debate started with your poopooing of the dream act. The dream act is an attempt to allow those young illegals, who may not have had any hand in their entry into the country and who are studying and working towards becoming tax paying, assimilated members of society, a way to stay here legally.

..and why not, they've already illegally used our public schools and healthcare system to obtain their healthy american study habits. I don't have a problem with allowing kids to stay who grew up here because of their parent's illegal activity but the problem comes when they become citizens and bring over their families. Also, there is already a provision in our immigration law that allows children, brought here by their parents before a certain age, to remain as Lawfully Admitted Permanent Residents. The DREAM act just opens the floodgates to fraudulent claims..what do you think is easier, forged immigration documents with hundreds of security features or a forged high school transcript?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Do you understand, or can you at least empathize with why I get upset at those who chose to break our laws and enter illegally?
I understand that it's an issue. What I don't understand is ratcheting up your rhetoric to the point where an outsider might confuse your point of view with fascism or xenophobia.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I understand that it's an issue. What I don't understand is ratcheting up your rhetoric to the point where an outsider might confuse your point of view with fascism or xenophobia.
1: it's not rhetoric; it's a relevant chronology of facts
2: i prefer the term 'auslander' over 'outsider'; it just rolls off the tongue with a more familiar tone

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
this, however, is
Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.) said she was &#8220;personally offended&#8221; that Issa has questioned the veracity of the Attorney General. &#8220;It&#8217;s extremely disrespectful,&#8221; she said.
&#8220;Where have we degenerated to in calling names, not having hearings on meaningful reforms, not acting on meaningful reforms &#8230; and moving forward with paperwork that is unwarranted and unfair and violates the law of the United States of America?&#8221; Maloney said.
btw, link is recommended reading
pretty straight-shootin </mmike>

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Why I love David Frum.

Yes, the operation was a terrible and embarrassing failure that led to the violent deaths of one American and hundreds of Mexicans. Yes, there should be accountability&#8212;and indeed there is an Inspector-General's investigation underway, and relevant officials have been dismissed or reassigned.

What's driving the intensity in this story, though, is an unspoken theory among some conservatives that the true purpose of Fast & Furious was not a (tragically misconceived) plan to end gun violence in Mexico but a (secret and sinister) plan to tamper with gun rights in the United States.

This theory is self-inflated and unsupported, but it's widely believed. Probably nothing to be done about that. The question for Republicans is: do they really want to take this wild-eyed conspiracy to the country as a national voting issue in 2012? We're not talking to the country. We're talking-to ourselves&#8212;or rather, to a fringe constituency within ourselves.
Pretty much sums up exactly how I feel about this whole charade. The uber-right wing that's buying into this conspiracy talk wouldn't vote for Obama regardless, so why bother? If the House follows through on it's attempt to hold Holder in contempt and the American public sees it as a political witch hunt, Obama's going to be quick to point out that at a time when they *should* have been talking about jobs they were playing politics instead...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I guess that illegally crossing the border, using fraudulent documents to obtain free healthcare/food stamps/government housing, refusal to assimilate, and not paying a penny in income taxes is ok with you?
I happen to know this isn't always the case. When I lived in Woodburn, one of the guys I played soccer with was telling me about buying fake social security cards at the bus station. They would use the number so they could get basic services (electricity/gas/cable) and an apartment. This was also used for employment. If they got paid through an agency, they got taxed. Since it wasn't their SSN, they couldn't file a return so all the money the IRS collects, it keeps. Oregon has crazy income tax, too (no sales tax).

Not a bad deal for the IRS.

<edit>And healthcare should be free anyway.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
for those who claim they cannot afford it, i believe it is
I currently pay $800 a month. I can't afford it, either.

<edit> I could get it slightly cheaper privately, but getting it through my employer is just easier to deal with.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
I guess that illegally crossing the border, using fraudulent documents to obtain free healthcare/food stamps/government housing, refusal to assimilate, and not paying a penny in income taxes is ok with you?
I am not accusing you of being a racist but you are using the exact same language the racists use.

BTW, what does failure to assimilate mean? No tejano music? Stop wearing jeans at the beach? Stop being brown?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I am not accusing you of being a racist but you are using the exact same language the racists use.

BTW, what does failure to assimilate mean? No tejano music? Stop wearing jeans at the beach? Stop being brown?
And remember kids, try your hardest to not be Black or Hispanic.

:rofl:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
So is the jesus tatoo and the affinity for small government tea party leanings while working for said government.
Your attempt at irony is about as well thought out as MMike's 5 syllable "safe word" at the Canadian Royal Mounty Brothel.
Operational control of the border is necessary regardless of how "big" the government is. As a matter of fact, the fewer undocumented people we have in this country the less government bureaucracy we need to try and document them (regardless of ethnicity - as if I have to clarify that, but I guess it's easier to just scream "racist" or "bigot" when your argument falls short)
As far as the Jesus tatoo...you ever take the time to read what he says about the law of man? I'll give you a shortcut to save you some time if you're interested...start in Romans.

For the record, I hardly align with the tea party. I like some of their fiscal responsibility measures but even they are a little too hardcore for me. I'm not impressed with any of the offerings right now but I'm also very pissed with the recent coverup and vote-gathering immigration debacle. But if you want to assume that any person standing up for national sovereignty is a teahadis then, I guess I fit the bill.

And for the Assimilation question.
Cultural assimilation: the process whereby a minority group gradually adapts to the customs and attitudes of the prevailing culture and customs.
In other words, the prevailing, 236 year old culture and language should not have to adapt to those wanting a new life here, they should adapt to it....as required by long standing immigration policy (too bad they're not enforced). If you really don't understand what I mean, I can provide plenty of examples of how we have bent over backwards to accommodate other cultures at the expense of the prevailing culture.
I think good old Teddy said it best:
"There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all... The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic... There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else" -President Theodore Roosevelt, 1915

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Oh law of unintended consequences, you so crazy!

Statistical analyses reveal that the rate of new migration to the United States is essentially zero, while repeat visits by returned migrants are rare. In keeping with these calculations, border apprehensions have fallen to the lowest number since 1970 despite the fact that there are more Border Patrol agents on duty than ever.

Surprisingly, this turn of events does not likely have anything to do with border enforcement. Historically, the volume of undocumented migration is uncorrelated with the size or budget of the Border Patrol. According to a recent assessment by the National Academy of Sciences, studies of migrant behavior “generally show that rising enforcement has little deterrent effect on undocumented migration,” which instead reflects the economic trends in Mexico and the United States and ongoing opportunities for legal entry to the U.S.

<snip>

Although labor demand continues in agriculture and other U.S. sectors, it has increasingly been fulfilled by legal temporary workers, whose entries rose to a record 517,000 in 2010. Permanent legal immigration, meanwhile, has averaged 165,000 entries per year since 2008. With so many opportunities for legal entry, slowing labor force growth and steady employment in Mexico, and stagnant labor demand in the United States, illegal migration has effectively ceased.

Net zero migration doesn’t just mean undocumented migrants are staying in Mexico; it also means those already here aren’t going home, in large part because the increase in border enforcement did have a very real effect, just not the intended one. Rising border enforcement naturally drove up the costs and risks of border crossing, and migrants quite logically decided to stop crossing the border – not by remaining in Mexico but by hunkering down and staying in the United States once they had made it across.

From 1986 to 2006 the probability of returning to Mexico within a year of illegal entry fell from 60 percent to around 15 percent. Instead of slowing the rate of undocumented entry, therefore, the militarization of the border reduced the rate of undocumented departure, creating the present stalemate. Undocumented Mexicans are no longer coming to the United States, but those already here are increasingly unlikely to leave.
http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2012/04/12/america-is-losing-as-many-illegal-immigrants-as-its-gaining/
But wait! Not ready to believe those dirty leftists at Reuters? How about DHS? Or what might actually be one of the last unbiased news sources, the Christian Science Monitor? But why would we want to let some facts get in the way of some good old fashioned scapegoating and xenophobia?

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
I think good old Teddy said it best:
"There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all... The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic... There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else" -President Theodore Roosevelt, 1915
Speaking of Teddy and "cultural assimilation":
"I don't go so far as to think that the only good Indians are dead Indians, but I believe nine out of ten are, and I shouldn't like to inquire too closely into the case of the tenth"
Or maybe we should call it by its real name? You know, "Genocide"?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Speaking of Teddy and "cultural assimilation":
i cannot help but wonder how he would have used today's drone technology against browns.

perhaps he would have had all the restraint of a nobel peace prize winner

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
The border patrol, INS, and the TSA are all ineffective paramilitaries. none of them helps us as a nation in any way. Customs, pretty much the same thing. Border control for the most part is a counterproductive extortion game.
Incorrect. They are all there (well, not the TSA) to ensure that the labor market is suitably constrained, while the capital market cannot possibly have any type of restrictions, because those are for child molesters, Nazis, and communists.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Incorrect. They are all there (well, not the TSA) to ensure that the labor market is suitably constrained, while the capital market cannot possibly have any type of restrictions, because those are for child molesters, Nazis, and communists.
Shh shh shh....... Manimal says your opinions aren't valid here because your Canadian, therefore I can't listen to you.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Attacking my "canadian-ness" is really not going to get to me.

MMike's 5 syllable "safe word" at the Canadian Royal Mounty Brothel.
I don't even know what that means

but I guess it's easier to just scream "racist" or "bigot" when your argument falls short
And there's no argument. It's an oservation from reading what you've said over the years.

Let's put it this way. You are at least as stereotypical southern as I am stereotypical Canadian. Is that fair?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Attacking my "canadian-ness" is really not going to get to me.

I don't even know what that means

And there's no argument. It's an oservation from reading what you've said over the years.

Let's put it this way. You are at least as stereotypical southern as I am stereotypical Canadian. Is that fair?
8 mile is practically canada, so let the battle begin:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
No, actually it's not. Manimal's got the same opinons as a Democrat from upstate NY.

You wouldn't believe how crazy this country has gotten in such a short amount of time.

Last edited: