Quantcast

Champery yesterday

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
We've been rebuilding some of the trails in Champery lately to get them ready for opening day next week. Yesterday we finally got a taste of the new stuff and everyone was loving it. Some of you Euro Monkies should come ride with us next Saturday.
Here is a little GoPro edit from yesterday. The riders are myself, Vinny T, Lee Huskinson and Gaetan Rey.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Great job, but that video falls into some weird uncanny valley where it does more to remind me about how much i suck than it motivates me to pack my stuff and head down to Switzerland.

Do you guys haven an e-bike flowtrail?

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Ill be in Switserland from the 3rd of june for a wedding and then need to kill some time untill the Morgins ixs race a week or so later...
Didnt you also build the track there last year, had a blast racing there.

Champery sounds like a good stop on the way!

Last edited:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
@Sandro - I felt the same way riding with those guys! They were flying and Lee was definitely the most pinned all day.
@Kevin - Yes, we also build Morgins. Feel free to hit me up and come ride with us.
@TrumbullHucker - Come on over! There are still plenty of people on 26" over here, my brother included.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
That video makes me wish I had more free time this year but it's the first time in 6 years when I'm not spending the summer in France. Will definately come next year (unless the nigerian prince finally transfers me my money and I can stop working with a limited time off)

It's awesome. I really wish I could ride as well but I'm pumped as hell after seeing it.

Last edited:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
The bottom section down to Grand Paradis was only open for the race. The landowner isn't down and then there is the pedal back to the Tram so a lot of people don't bother. The top section is getting a refresh right now.
You coming Monarch?

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
The bottom section down to Grand Paradis was only open for the race. The landowner isn't down and then there is the pedal back to the Tram so a lot of people don't bother. The top section is getting a refresh right now.
You coming Monarch?
Any chance there will be more official trails in Champery? Or is the steepness of the hill preventing that?

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
You coming Monarch?
Unfortunately not.
I am currently trying to heal my right knee, where I suffered a mild ACL strain with a following arthritis in March. Turns out the arthritis is one son of a b!tch to get rid of.:thumbsdown:
Lots of yoga rolling, stretching and massaging for me at the moment to keep everything loose and smooth.
I hope I'll be back on the bike in June.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Any chance there will be more official trails in Champery? Or is the steepness of the hill preventing that?
I've been working on getting more trails in and around Champery for a long time. We're almost there but the biggest hurdles are the land owners and environmentalists. I think we are about 90% through the official process at the state level. The local government has been completely onboard for a couple of years and most of the paperwork (impact studies/coexistence maps/etc) is done. Hopefully the state accepts our plans. Someday we'll have more trails....

Any of you guys coming to check it out? The trails that we do have are running so good right now. There's too much snow to work on Morgins for now so the WC track is getting more work than ever. It's even dry-ish today!

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I've been working on getting more trails in and around Champery for a long time. We're almost there but the biggest hurdles are the land owners and environmentalists. I think we are about 90% through the official process at the state level. The local government has been completely onboard for a couple of years and most of the paperwork (impact studies/coexistence maps/etc) is done. Hopefully the state accepts our plans. Someday we'll have more trails....

Any of you guys coming to check it out? The trails that we do have are running so good right now. There's too much snow to work on Morgins for now so the WC track is getting more work than ever. It's even dry-ish today!
I convinced our local dirt jump team to go so there should be a large group of poles there this year but this year I'm skipping the Alpes. A friend offered a bed in Bali so I'm checking a bikepark in the jungle this year. It's hard to say no to riding off an an active volcano.