Quantcast

Changes at Super Go...

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
This may be old news, but I figured I would post, nevertheless. As most of you already know, Super Go was purchased by Performance, about a year ago. However, it looks like they are in the process of changing the signs at the Santa Monica store.

One of the worst things about the changes is that Super Go is NO LONGER a Specialized dealer.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
stupid go sucked anyways. i have never been to one, but i have heard many horror stories. mainly about retard employees who dont know jack about bikes. but then again, the deals were super.

ottomatik

Chimp
Aug 7, 2005
yucaipa CA
that blows!!! i had to drive 60 miles to get to my "local" supergo in fountain valley. and you know what?... i'd always find sweet deals there. since i was so close to the performance i'd always walk over to see what they had and you know what?...performance blows. who goes there and how could they have the coin to buy out supergo? i feel like yuck :eek:

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
Supergo has been owned by Performance for a number of years now. Performance owns Supergo, Performance Mail Order and Bike Nashbar Mailorder.

Not many people realized that Performance had aquired Supergo because their (Performance) goal was to keep current management, merchendise and customer service the same if not better than before.

These latest developments with Supergo not carrying Specialized and Performance dropping Cannondale, Kona and most recently Giant is more the fault of the bike companies then that of Performance. In the case of Performance, Giant wanted to make OUR stores "concept" stores a la TREK store. When corperate disagreed, Giant pulled the plug simple as that.

Most descisions that are made by corperate I honestly find stupid, but hey it's their money not mine. My shop was aquired by Performance about 2 years ago and I can't really say much has changed. Customers seem to have this pre-disposed notion that Performance is the reatiler from hell, and in some ways, they are. Performance is the Wal-Mart of the bike industry that can be a good thing or a bad thing, depends on how you look at it.

ottomatik

Chimp
Aug 7, 2005
yucaipa CA
thats cool if their goal is to let supergo do its thing- we'll see. kind of like when gt got bought by pacific, i thought it'd all be wal-mart and target by now but they keep on innovating..right on :thumb:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Fonzie18 said:
These latest developments with Supergo not carrying Specialized and Performance dropping Cannondale, Kona and most recently Giant is more the fault of the bike companies then that of Performance. In the case of Performance, Giant wanted to make OUR stores "concept" stores a la TREK store. When corperate disagreed, Giant pulled the plug simple as that.
I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that Performance wanted to be able to sell those brands mail order and the bike companies refused to even consider it.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
DRB said:
I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that Performance wanted to be able to sell those brands mail order and the bike companies refused to even consider it.
bah, shops change their brands all the time. Between the two shops close to me, they musta had almost every single brand at one time or another. Lotsa of reasons to drop a bike, i'm sure LBS guys are rolling their eyes at this.