Quantcast

Charge Across America "fund Raiser" Event

HI ALL,

Recently my cousin had showed up at my house as he and three other friends needed a place to stay and prep before they began their journey from Seattle to San Diego on their not so road friendly bikes to raise awareness for a horrific birth defect that not too many people, even the medical community, know about. I won't even begin to try and explain about their mission and cause as my penmanship is less than "OK" so instead I will provide you with a link to their website that has all the information about their mission. It's a little bit outdated from last years event but the same mission is still in place, as well as what it's all about so I hope you take the time to read what it is they are setting out to do as it is quiet humbling to hear them speak about it. Not only will they be pedaling 2000 miles over the next month, but they are doing it on bikes that are better suited for the goodwill donation pile. Attached below is a picture of them starting their journey for the CHARGE syndrome ride for awareness.

I write this to try and do my little part in spreading the news about the cause. Hopefully some of you will take interest and maybe donate a dollar or two, or possibly pass it onto someone or some corporation who can. It's a great opportunity to help out the CHARGE syndrome children.

Visit their website here:
http://www.chargeacrossamerica.org/

If your along the path over the next 24 days, and you see four guys on some seriously outdated bikes passing through, stop and say hey, by them a beer or a power bar... shoot, I bet they'd enjoy it if you hopped on your bike and joined them for a few miles.

Good luck guys!!!

Attachments

bhspec03 said:
id love to meet these guys. when are they gonna be in san diego an where? ill donate. its cool to see people lookin out like that
They will be doing a fund raiser, actually several as they bike their way down the coast. The last stop is San Diego, and I believe they are doing a fund raiser down there as well. I provided the link to their website for information regarding the cause. The website also has information on how to donate to their cause... I think it's great that your going to donate, every bit counts and I knew at least one monkey would come through. :thumb:

BTW, I'll see if I can get ahold of him on his journey to figure out when and where the fund raiser will be in San Diego. I know they will have one in Portland on Friday, and in San Francisco as well as a few other spots. I'll see what I can find out.

Josh

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
How are these guys doing? I think that your thread title probably prevented a lot of people from looking at this one.

I hope they are doing well.

They are doing good, probably around Hood River, OR today and on there way to Portland tonight, they took the scenic route through the Gifford Pinchot National forest(Mt. St. Helens area) instead of I5 to get to Portland, OR from Tacoma, WA two days ago. Then they are going to head to Eugene and bank west towards the coast so that they can take HWY 1 all the way to San Diego. Probably one of the most beautiful rides in the country.