Sep 13, 2004
SF
alloutproductio said:
hey sanjuro,
where'd you get that avatar??
i could swear that's an old buddy of mine
named Hubert Kim....coulda swore i saw that pic
years ago n died laughing...
This pic got posted here a few weeks ago. I saw it in a SF art exhibit a couple of years ago, and they make me chuckle.

Jul 1, 2005
oakland, CA
i guess you guys'll just have to come out n see what
you can do!
but yeah, the course's a little longer than previous years,
more turns n berms...
betcha 5 bucks you cant beat mikey!

Haha, all I know is I have Brian in my class. Guarantees I won't be last...hehe...just playing bro. It'll be good to see everyone again up there this year.

I'm really liking the new berms up top this year. Looks super fun. Surprising how beat down the very last berm is now. We built such a kick ass one there last year...

Jul 1, 2005
oakland, CA
I'm really liking the new berms up top this year. Looks super fun. Surprising how beat down the very last berm is now. We built such a kick ass one there last year...[/QUOTE]

yeah, they havent done any work at all on that last section....should
be all good after next diggy session tho....

mtbikermark

Monkey
Oct 26, 2004
Jackson, CA
I haven't done Carnegie before but I've heard it's a blast. The course dosen't look like it's too technical. Would I be fine on my Heckler?

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
mtbikermark said:
I haven't done Carnegie before but I've heard it's a blast. The course dosen't look like it's too technical. Would I be fine on my Heckler?
Probably. It's bumpy with ruts but I've seen people there on hardtails or short-travel frames. You'll have fun on the Heckler.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
mtbikermark said:
That bike will be fine, you don't need a big travel bike on that course.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Big bikes help smooth out the rough for sure, last year everyone on the podium I believe was on a big bike. I rode my prophet and had a blast. A little more travel would have been nice though. H

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
black noise said:
It's bumpy with ruts but I've seen people there on hardtails or short-travel frames.
A few years ago I went by there just to check it out, and they had a hardtail division. This guy was coming down the g-out hill on his hardtail and blew up his rear tire. As he was heading toward the jump at the bottom of the hill, I heard him say something like "oh, what the hell". He proceeded to ride the rest of the course (including the jump, the rock garden, and everything) with the rear tire flopping around off the rim. It was hilarious!

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
jimw said:
A few years ago I went by there just to check it out, and they had a hartail division. This guy was coming down the g-out hill and blew up his rear tire. As he was heading toward the jump at the bottom of the hill, I heard him say something like "oh, what the hell". He proceeded to ride the rest of the course (including the rock garden and everything) with the rear tire flopping around off the rim. It was hilarious!
That's awesome. At Northstar I was hanging out near the finish line of a race and once in a while you'd hear the flop-flop-flop of someone riding on a flat.

And there's that one shot in Hypnosis where a guy (in Vermont I think?) is racing on a bare rim.

santacruzer87

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
On my bicycle
yea....there was also a shot of Jared Graves, he hits a rock or something and his tire rips in half, even the bead tore...aftre the shot you hear him say...."yeah I've been experimenting with lower tire pressures recently."

about the Heckler thing, I'd ride a bigger bike, personally I want more suspension as that course has some pretty serious whoops from all the motos.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I will be there on my hardtail. Will there be a HT class this year? How long is the biggest jump? It's hard to tell from that.

Backpack1

Monkey
Mar 16, 2005
GNORKAL
thanks for posting the vid! stoked to feel the butterflies at the start gate after being out of Mid-Pack Sport Racing, Inc. for well over a year!!!! Damn I forgot about those butterfiles 10 seconds....5.4.3.2.1. AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

My Bullit was stolen for 11 months but I found it on Craigslist and recovered it....the vintage Turner DHR I was cobbling together is only 80% done, so I'm set! Sucks that I will be in Fast Old Farts NEXT YEAR.....that hurts. that really hurts. Anyway I still be rollin up in a scraper smokin purps and pounding Tecate 24s. Have a good race errrrbuddy!

Team Hella Olde Mid-pack Attack

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
konaguy1123 said:
where is this. and is it open to the public. i just cant find any really good trails
It's just south of Livermore, in the Corral Hollow valley. It's actually an area for dirt bikers and atvers, but bikes can go there too if you watch out for dirt bikes.

konaguy1123

Chimp
Feb 6, 2006
black noise said:
It's just south of Livermore, in the Corral Hollow valley. It's actually an area for dirt bikers and atvers, but bikes can go there too if you watch out for dirt bikes.
Thanks i have been having issues finding good trails

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
santacruzer87 said:
yea....there was also a shot of Jared Graves, he hits a rock or something and his tire rips in half, even the bead tore...aftre the shot you hear him say...."yeah I've been experimenting with lower tire pressures recently."
was duncan riffle on his 4x at deer valley slalom...he ripped his tire off 3 times without popping the tube..it just ballooned up every time

santacruzer87

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
On my bicycle
v10"o-PlEaSuRe said:
santacruzer87 said:
was duncan riffle on his 4x at deer valley slalom...he ripped his tire off 3 times without popping the tube..it just ballooned up every time
meh close enough, they look the same when they're bikin'

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
BIGHIT8989 said:
Tru that ! but ya gotta admit it feels pretty good to get a spot on the poduim :thumb:
Oh, MAN! It feels amazing! But it feels that much better when you do it just shooting for personal goals. It's like it's a surprise when you win and my joi is always really authentic when I win like that as compared to when I try to win, I expect it and act as if I deserve to. Which makes me grumpy when I lose, or even get second. Winning sucks. Doing your best and landing in the top spot rules!