Quantcast

CHDH Helmet Cam on 02.26.06

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
v10"o-PlEaSuRe said:
santacruzer87 said:
yea....there was also a shot of Jared Graves, he hits a rock or something and his tire rips in half, even the bead tore...aftre the shot you hear him say...."yeah I've been experimenting with lower tire pressures recently."
was duncan riffle on his 4x at deer valley slalom...he ripped his tire off 3 times without popping the tube..it just ballooned up every time
Yeah, but it was Jared Graves at the Ft. William world cup too.

thePINKster

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
bay area, Cali
cant say it enough.....

GUYS:: bring out your girlfriends to race, or ANY girl you know for that matter that might enjoy it.

other than that, i'm way stoked to b at CHDH this year. its gonna b sweeeeeeet

M

Montara

jimw said:
A few years ago I went by there just to check it out, and they had a hardtail division. This guy was coming down the g-out hill on his hardtail and blew up his rear tire. As he was heading toward the jump at the bottom of the hill, I heard him say something like "oh, what the hell". He proceeded to ride the rest of the course (including the jump, the rock garden, and everything) with the rear tire flopping around off the rim. It was hilarious!
Haha - that was me! I was on my my xc ht. The back tire blew off up top on the very first jump. The tube wrapped around the frame and cogset, but the wheel would still roll. So I said f it, it's a race. I did have to hoof the last 50 yards at the bottom. There is a clip in Pete's video, I think it was '03. This race is always a fun time.

Attachments

ride23

Chimp
Apr 5, 2004
Montara said:
Haha - that was me! I was on my my xc ht. The back tire blew off up top on the very first jump. The tube wrapped around the frame and cogset, but the wheel would still roll. So I said f it, it's a race. I did have to hoof the last 50 yards at the bottom. There is a clip in Pete's video, I think it was '03. This race is always a fun time.
Are you going to race the pipe this year?

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Montara said:
OMG, you are my hero! (even though my chain still sometimes gets stuck in my 3-guide! :)) That was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

M

Montara

Carnage at Carnegie! Haha! Glad you liked it. Hey Jim, we can't have that, email me and let me know what's up. Just might have to pull out the pipe again this year.With Phil and crew running the show and Theo getting it all on footy it's gonna be another good time!