Quantcast

Cheap car anyone?

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
Anyone interested in a cheap '82 corolla that doesn't run at the moment? I need to get rid of this, preferably locally. I got it last year, put in a new battery and it started up perfectly and ran for a little while. Then, it died again. I replaced the alternator and it worked great for a while longer. Now it's got a short somewhere in it and I don't have the time to fix it. I'm not looking for much, I just need it gone. If anyone cares, I'll try to get some pics.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
not much is more like $200. Thats about what I spent on the car and parts, I'm just trying not to lose money. You want it FT? You could pick up massive amounts of super hot d-town females with your yeti on top of this(they like small cars and huge sideburns and yetis, right?:think:). :cool:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
My roommate might be interested, he's carless right now.I'll let him know! And yes, ALL the D-town ho's be lovin' up on the Yeti/sideburns/small cars action!

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
T0mo said:
. . . put in a new battery and it started up perfectly and ran for a little while. Then, it died again. I replaced the alternator and it worked great for a while longer. Now it's got a short somewhere in it . . .
Quick fix (most likely)-

Replace the battery and alternator at the same time (or have the battery completey charged when you drop the new alternator in it) - also replace the voltage regulator (may be housed in the alternator), at the same time too. That should do the trick - if you don't do it all at once, parts get messed up from the start and your battery won't recharge correctly. Check your wiring harness and fusable links and it should start up again and run well.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
I completely charged the battery before I put in the new alternator. I might start looking at the wiring sh1t again once the snow in my yard melts, but now that I've got my truck regestared and everythng, I need to get rid of this(my folks won't let me keep it in the yard anymore).

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
money or brakes? I guess it doesn't really matter ('cause the money will go towards brakes). Either way, I don't mind helping you get it running again. Everything in this car is pretty simple because of it's age.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Full Trucker said:
My roommate might be interested, he's carless right now.I'll let him know! And yes, ALL the D-town ho's be lovin' up on the Yeti/sideburns/small cars action!
Hey Truck - if your roomie wants a cheap Subaru (well, sorta cheap), I've got a Legacy wagon for sale. High miles but has been really reliable for me. Great road-trip car.

-S.S.-

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
T0mo said:
$150? Anyone? I need money to go ski in utah. Come on folks, $150 for a car is a good price.
If it was working I'd be all over that as a trasher/shuttle car (yea I know it'd be lame for a shuttle car but itd work. :p)