Quantcast

Check out my photagraphy, Feedback wanted!

Wassobe

Chimp
Feb 9, 2004
simsbury
Hey guys. I don't own a camera right now, I broke it a while back, so until I can afford a new one, I borrow camera's and use them. I've gotten a good amount of picture's together, and thrown them together on a little website. I am fairly new to this, and I am using digital camera's, with not many manual options, so I'm limited to my capabilities.

My website is http://www.pbase.com/wassobe

Let me know what you think, feedback is wanted. Constructive critisizm is what I'm looking for, and comments as well. Thanks.

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
Your bike battle pics are badass. I really like your stuff, you should post them on here more often, it's always great to see ride pics.

Sweet.

Wassobe

Chimp
Feb 9, 2004
simsbury
bradical said:
Your bike battle pics are badass. I really like your stuff, you should post them on here more often, it's always great to see ride pics.

Sweet.

Thanks man, once I get my own camera, and I don't have to borrow camera's anymore, I'll start taking more pic's, with more manual adjustibilities, and start posting more. Thanks for the comments.

Wassobe

Chimp
Feb 9, 2004
simsbury
I'm lookin for something in the 5mp area with manual adjustability. I borrow a 3 mp Kodak easypix, and a Sony f717 ( 5mp, manual everything ).

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
Food Fondlers' Convention
hey, those are pretty good. however, there's something you might want to tool around with a little bit more. it's something called the "rule of thirds." try dividing the picture vertically into three equal sections, and then do the same horizontally. there will be one section in the middle. DO NOT put the focus of your picture in that box. put them anywhere around it, in some of the other boxes, but not in the middle. you don't have to do this all the time, but i think this makes for a great picture, where you have to look a little bit for the subject and pick it out of the scenery. and, try to get the back of peoples' heads out of your pictures in future red bull bike battles.

Wassobe

Chimp
Feb 9, 2004
simsbury
flatulant_man said:
hey, those are pretty good. however, there's something you might want to tool around with a little bit more. it's something called the "rule of thirds." try dividing the picture vertically into three equal sections, and then do the same horizontally. there will be one section in the middle. DO NOT put the focus of your picture in that box. put them anywhere around it, in some of the other boxes, but not in the middle. you don't have to do this all the time, but i think this makes for a great picture, where you have to look a little bit for the subject and pick it out of the scenery. and, try to get the back of peoples' heads out of your pictures in future red bull bike battles.
Thanks for the advice, that sounds like a cool concept. I will try that out. THe bike battle pic's are about 13 months ( over 1 year ) old. I've gotten better since then I believe. But yes, at the time, with all the people, heads were everywhere.

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
Wassobe said:
Thanks for the advice, that sounds like a cool concept. I will try that out. THe bike battle pic's are about 13 months ( over 1 year ) old. I've gotten better since then I believe. But yes, at the time, with all the people, heads were everywhere.
Send T-Pirate a pm some time and ask him about photo crap, he is all into that stuff.