Quantcast

Chicken snacks.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Chop and marinate 2 pounds of chicken into cubes in milk or buttermilk. Throw in some paprika and black pepper. Take the chicken and pop it into spiced Rice Flour. Once again pepper and Paprika will work. Dip in egg and half and half mixture, about a cup. (2 eggs and a half cup of half and half). Then dip the wet chicken into crushed Potato Chips. Fry in Peanut oil. 10 minutes on Medium 350f or so, to a internal temp of 160f. Cook them twice for good measure. Drain on a rack instead of paper towels to keep them crispy. Franks and Butter as a dipping sauce. 12oz bottle and a stick of butter. Blue cheese dressing is good to serve them with also. Warning make a lot as they will go fast. Goes great with cheap beer and cheep weed. Bongshed rating 5 of 5

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I made this for my friends trailer christening. He has a outdoor kitchen. Stale Potato chips equal fail.... Kettle cooked chips work best. A can of Stout instead of buttermilk works well as for spice integration.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Everything they did in that story. I do exactly the same. Except before I fry it, I quarter the bird into pieces (dress the bird). I keep as much skin attached as possible also. Better, I doubt it. Faster, I doubt it. Easier, ditto. I prep to roast my chicken the same way. Just like my Grandma did. I put Carrots, celery, ramps if I have them and spring white potatoes (only the small ones, fingerlings you fancy folks call them) in the bottom of a roasting pan instead of the wire rack. Since Wegmans sells a rotisserie bird for $5 I just buy them as the plain ones are quite excellent. Those spices seemed kind of weak. I spice the crap out of my birds, roasted or fried. Did you even try my recipe?

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
man, I love fried chicken but can't stand frying anything at home. :hmm:
probably for the best.
Instead of frying in a cast Iron pan. Try to find a cast Iron Dutch oven with a vented lid. I bought mine at a Garage Sale for $20. I had to drill a vent in the lid. It holds my thermometer also. I have seen cheap aluminum ones at Walmart for like $20. Saves a ton of the messy part.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Everything they did in that story. I do exactly the same. Did you even try my recipe?
That's just the general idea, didn't use that specific recipe but it's literally the best chicken I have had and it was homemade. We've done it on a rack and on top of vegetables. Didn't work as well with a turkey but we had a crappy oven and a bad thermal probe so it was overcooked.

Next best was Northern Thai fried wings in Randolph - Peek Ghai Tod.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
That's just the general idea, didn't use that specific recipe but it's literally the best chicken I have had and it was homemade. We've done it on a rack and on top of vegetables. Didn't work as well with a turkey but we had a crappy oven and a bad thermal probe so it was overcooked.

Next best was Northern Thai fried wings in Randolph - Peek Ghai Tod.
You should make the trip to NY Korean BBq and get the sweet Chili Wings. Its in Union but worth the trip....

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
You should make the trip to NY Korean BBq and get the sweet Chili Wings. Its in Union but worth the trip....
We went to SAAP 3-4 times last summer - my wife lived in NYC for seven years and said those wings/thai are the best she's had.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Add some ghee to hot chili oil in a iron pan. Put some breast tenderloins in the hot oil mixture. Do not let the pan get to hot. 320f at most. If the chili oil smokes it will kill everyone nearby. It has a nasty smell. Add to Udon noodles and chopped green onions. Finish in the dirty pan to add the chili flavor to the noodles. Rice wine makes a nice finish also. Peanuts chopped if you got them. Bongshed rating 4 of 5

Last edited: