Quantcast

chocolate

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
i can't make it through a day without some chocolate. dark, milk, anything. i am a chocolate fiend. its especially good after lunch or dinner.

can anyone relate?

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
SkaredShtles said:
Mmmm............. chocolate.............
I got my wife and her "sewing circle" hooked on the Milka Alpenmilch Schokolade 300g bars during my travels throughout Germany. They were like addicts towards the end, collecting pooled resources to send me back to Germany with so's I'd return home after two weeks bearing their crack-bars. I was like their mule Dr. Feelgood when I got off the plane, and by the time I finally cleared customs each time, they would already be collecting and glomming on my luggage like Golem over his "precious". :rofl:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
llkoolkeg said:
I got my wife and her "sewing circle" hooked on the Milka Alpenmilch Schokolade 300g bars during my travels throughout Germany. They were like addicts towards the end, collecting pooled resources to send me back to Germany with so's I'd return home after two weeks bearing their crack-bars. I was like their mule Dr. Feelgood when I got off the plane, and by the time I finally cleared customs each time, they would already be collecting and glomming on my luggage like Golem over his "precious". :rofl:
That kicks ass - I never like milk chocolate. Then we got Norwegian milk chocolate and............ damn. :drool: I guess I didn't like *crappy* milk chocolate. :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
fwiw dark chocolate has health benefits, while the same can't be said for milk chocolate. i think i'll have to pick some out from the supermarket tonight... :drool:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i dig the 60% and over, up to a limit...i had some insanely high percentage (85? 90?) cocoa chocolate in italy and it was pretty unedible.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
I'm addicted to Nestle Nesquik powder - they really ought to rename it "crack". :drool: Milk chocolate is one of the tastiest things on earth. :drool:

I sometimes hear people say that some chocolate dishes are "too sweet"...I just think they're dead inside. Too sweet is impossible...its like saying: "damn...there's just too much air. Ima stop breathing"

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
SilentJ said:
I'm addicted to Nestle Nesquik powder - they really ought to rename it "crack". :drool: Milk chocolate is one of the tastiest things on earth. :drool:

I sometimes hear people say that some chocolate dishes are "too sweet"...I just think they're dead inside. Too sweet is impossible...its like saying: "damn...there's just too much air. Ima stop breathing"
Some dishes primarily flavored with chocolate ARE too sweet - that's not related to the chocolate. It's the sugar added.

Most people don't realize that chocolate is one of the most bitter flavors that human taste-buds can recognize.

I love some things made with chocolate. I'm not big on candy.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
reflux said:
I am ADDICTED to chocolate covered espresso beans. Holy fack. An open container of those babies is my kryptonite.
Dude, those things are, like, Crack.

Beware of heart attacks after a couple bagfulls.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Some dishes primarily flavored with chocolate ARE too sweet - that's not related to the chocolate. It's the sugar added.

Most people don't realize that chocolate is one of the most bitter flavors that human taste-buds can recognize.

I love some things made with chocolate. I'm not big on candy.
You're dead inside.

I realize its not the chocolate, I guess I just find that sugar and chocolate go really well together!

Connundrum1

Monkey
Mar 11, 2005
Gold River, Sac Town, CA
i'm addicted to Lindt chocolates. today at my desk at work i've already consumed a bar of milk chocolate with hazel nuts and now working on Milk Chocolate and wafer. well, back to the chocolate god for me.

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
i just discovered nutella, tried some while hangin out at a friends dorm room. i just got back from the grocerie store with 2 bottles of it.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Gotta bump this up...I got some of these in a gift basket from one of my vendors. Omigod it's good. The soft chocolatey insides are so damn tasty..ugh..I'm going to have a hell of a time not eating the lot of them tonight!

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
I am ADDICTED to chocolate covered espresso beans. Holy fack. An open container of those babies is my kryptonite.

Word. There's a local coffe shop that gives a few of these out with their hot coffee beverages. Awesome. Got a good source for them, reflux?

And Dan, I'm sure you've had the Lake Champlain chocolates. Those are great, too.

toby

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I love dark chocolate.

Decent budget dark $2.50

Good mid-grade dark

I can't recall brand, but another single origin type dark chocolate they sell at places like Whole Foods.

Rapunzel dark is another good one.