Quantcast

Clydesdale XC saddles???????

Big John

"TEAM XXL"
I'm 265# and getting back into XC after a 4 year lay -off due to downhill racing. I'm looking for something that is comfortable for the long haul. I have tried most of the WTB saddles and hate them. Thanks in advance...

Babar

Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
Colorado
Try some SDG saddles i find them more comfortable than WTB or Titec...

Even thou im riding on WTB Rocket V saddle (its bit lighter so)...

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
What about the WTB saddles do you not like? They fit my 230# butt well.

I think for a larger yet elegantly cut saddle the Marzocchi Karve saddles are nice.

Big John

"TEAM XXL"
Originally posted by ummbikes
What about the WTB saddles do you not like? They fit my 230# butt well.

I think for a larger yet elegantly cut saddle the Marzocchi Karve saddles are nice.
I thought they were very hard and uncomfortable. I have now a SSTX I'm trying to sell. My stock Schwinn saddle feels better than the WTB's

Cracker

Chimp
May 10, 2002
Toronto
I've got the SSTX on my street bike, its hard a rock. But on my Slayer I've got the Laser V, that is a nice saddle. Try one of the highed end WTB's, you won't be disappointed.

Babar

Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
Colorado
I have SDG Comp and Grand Prix...

Grand prix is more comfy for my fat ass than comp... Both dont really have that couchy feeling as BMX saddle do but SDG GP and Comp has less pessure pain on my groin and my balls than WTB or Titec...

Good Luck in your saddle search, its such personal thing... SDG GP may not work for you but if you have chance try one out... :)

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
I'm a big (220#) fan of the Titec Beserker DH. Not the lightest, but man is it comfy for me. They take a couple rides to break in and then you're good to go.

Pulser955

Monkey
Oct 29, 2002
Outside Philly pa.
I have diffrent daddles on my bikes. I have a flight gel on my road bike and i hate it way to hard, a SOG on my back up baike that my sis rides. Its not bad but i havent spent alot of time on it so i cant really say. And i have a VETTA TRY SHOCK on my XC bike. I got 3 of them when PERFORMANCE got the left overs. I love this saddle it sux thay dont make them any more. Im going to use my last left over on the Full suspention i am building.