Quantcast

CO monkey's - Does anybody have a bike shipping case?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
random thought....sh!t you should figure out before you enter a tri race in another state....can i afford to get the bike there...
I can afford it. I'm just trying to do it in the cheapest way possible!

How do you think I have money to spend? By spending it wastefully?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Have you looked into tri bike transport? They go from denver boulder to most of the big races? Pretty cool idea and was affordable when I used them a few years back and no problems and the bike was driven down in a box truck with a bay for each bike at about the cost of FedEx and no stress dealing with bike shape when it arrived. There are a couple of these types of companies that offer this service to and from triathlons in colorado or there where a couple of years ago.
Not 100 sure which event you are doing web page here
http://www.tribiketransport.com/stops.events
That is f*in brilliant! Problem solved. I don't even have to worry about building the bike and any adjustment issues when I get there. Totally worth it.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
the only way to ensure it gets there is to ride it yourself.
This. 1. If you think it's any safer on a domestic airline, I've got bad news for you. 2. I also know that I'd much rather fight Fedex on an insurance claim, than any airline. 3. If stoney is going DEN-AUS, I'm pretty sure I know what airline he's flying on, the size of our cargo pits, the people who are working them, and what summer time weight restrictions are like.

:panic:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
If you start training now I'm sure you could smuggle it on the plane in your ass by then. Asstribikes.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This. 1. If you think it's any safer on a domestic airline, I've got bad news for you. 2. I also know that I'd much rather fight Fedex on an insurance claim, than any airline. 3. If stoney is going DEN-AUS, I'm pretty sure I know what airline he's flying on, the size of our cargo pits, the people who are working them, and what summer time weight restrictions are like.

:panic:
It's not your airline. Thankfully. It's the one you want to be at though.