Quantcast

Coach Muddy's house of pain: Take 2

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Well here it is year 2 of my Triathlon Coaches House of pain: our weekly turbo spin workout on our Triathlon bikes mounted to fluid resistance trainers. Muddy has upped the pain level on us this year. last year> 15 min warm up 60 minutes of hard core spining and drills 15 min warm down; tonight> 15 min warm up 1 3/4 hour work out [no breaks] 15 min warm down. It was brutal multiple 2 minute long one leg spins, 5 min 90 % max heart rate spins, ladders at 85% max heart rate [start lg chain ring front easiest gear rear, hold heart rate and every 2 minutes shift to a harder gear until you run out of gears, easy spin to recover between sets
5 minute pull drills [ only pull up on pedal no dowward push] I was pushing 172bpm at 90% [not bad for a 47 year old] dropped to 128 within 1 minute in recovery spin which is dam good. this is only session #4 of 24 and he has much harded workouts planned in the coming weeks

god I love this class, it hurts but the results are worth it. last year I was able to hammer my competition on the bike, I can't wait to see how I do this year

Attachments

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
That sounds almost as much fun as a quarterdeck! Being the sick individuals that we are, we love this sort of stuff. Glad to hear that you're getting your ass kicked and loving it! :thumb: You've got me all motivated to head on over to the recruiting station and get 'decked. Oo rah.