Quantcast

COD Modern Warfare II

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
LOVES IT!!!

They have some boards where you're fighting in suburban Maryland streets. Pretty cool stuff! It's a little violent at parts of course and defiantly steps it up a notch even from the previous game.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i play on PC with a monster graphics card and HDTV...love it! i tried to play it on a xbox but i can't stand the controllers and the graphics aren't as good. such a rad game and i'm 60% done with the special ops missions. the only bummer is the non-dedicated servers for PC users...but it still plays well online.

j.les

Monkey
Jul 21, 2007
Chicago
i play on PC with a monster graphics card and HDTV...love it! i tried to play it on a xbox but i can't stand the controllers and the graphics aren't as good. such a rad game and i'm 60% done with the special ops missions. the only bummer is the non-dedicated servers for PC users...but it still plays well online.
I love the gameplay on the PC, but it's getting frustrating with all these hackers and getting dropped from games.

If anyone plays on PC, add me as a friend. My Steam name is Clown Puncher.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
OK bastards, I guess I will buy it. If it runs like crap, it will give me a chance to build the new machine before Assassins Creed 2 comes out in April.

mullet_dew

Monkey
Mar 22, 2009
Bellingham WA
I tried it for Xbox, hated the multiplayer, getting killed by choppers/gunships/whatever because my team dies too much sucks. No choice in maps was annoying as well, the veto system only works if you have a party to vote with. They dumbed it down too much, heartbeat sensors, 2 weapon attachments, automatic shotguns for everyone as a secondary...

Disclaimer, I am a very competitive person so I really hate FPS games with a lot of luck and BS involved. I liked COD4 better and play Team Fortress 2(pc) now if I want play a FPS.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I played at my parents & it was a blast. I like killing nazi zombies better though.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
single player was way too short. much shorter than the first MW.
multi player isnt much different from the first either. still great though.

psn: deadatbirth440

it will give me a chance to build the new machine before Assassins Creed 2 comes out in April.
dont waste your time with Assasin's Creed 2. its the same as the first one with some better graphics and same buggy jumping characteristics it actually took my less time to beat the second one than it did the first one....about 17hours.

Uncharted 2 was the best game ive played in many years

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
single player was way too short. much shorter than the first MW.
multi player isnt much different from the first either. still great though.

psn: deadatbirth440

dont waste your time with Assasin's Creed 2. its the same as the first one with some better graphics and same buggy jumping characteristics it actually took my less time to beat the second one than it did the first one....about 17hours.

Uncharted 2 was the best game ive played in many years
But the PC version of AC1 was WAY better than the console version. I'll get it to fill my quota and hope for the best.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
My brother plays on PC, but got me the PS3 version since I'm not big on the PC games. Took me about two days to beat the singleplayer, but playing online has been fun. Still learning a lot of the tips and tricks as well as getting used to the maps, but I can definitely hold my own and don't do bad considering I have only playing for about a week. I was trying to figure out what the hell was going on at first with the jets and helicopters and getting bombed out of nowhere. I'm used to playing Halo 3 over at my buddies house and it's a totally different game strategy wise.

PSN is kazlx

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
i guessing there wasnt issues with jumping while running or trying to climb walls?
Not to mention WAY better graphics and additional side missions. It wasn't released until 4 months after the console. I had zero issues running and jumping. I did fall into a wall or 2 a few times, but considering how big the world was, it wasn't an issue.

AC2 is slated for April, so at least they are planning ahead of time to be late. :rofl:

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
Well good game.

I got a message earlier accusing me of cheating because i was 50-10 on a game. boom.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
PS3 owners, do you play Battlefield 1943? Are the controls similar?

I've got enough coupons on my Dave and Busters card to buy the game. I might just pick it up tonight.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA

I've got enough coupons on my Dave and Busters card to buy the game. I might just pick it up tonight.
I don't play Battlefield, but the controls are similar to every first person shooter I have played. Movement is the left stick and look with the right stick. Sight is the left top trigger and fire is the right top trigger. Pretty standard. I had never played it before and picked it up no problem. The graphics and gameplay are amazing. I like being able to shoot through walls and other little things that make the game feel real. It's pretty crazy.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I don't play Battlefield, but the controls are similar to every first person shooter I have played. Movement is the left stick and look with the right stick. Sight is the left top trigger and fire is the right top trigger. Pretty standard. I had never played it before and picked it up no problem. The graphics and gameplay are amazing. I like being able to shoot through walls and other little things that make the game feel real. It's pretty crazy.
It took me long enough to get used to a FPS with the PS3 controller. I'm sold, I'll grab the game tonight.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

the controls are similar, but not really the same. its the same as any other FPS shooter...R1 shoot, R2/L2 grenades.

btw, i went to D&B last night for the first time and apparently im the whack-a-mole champion.
that place is fun

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
It took me long enough to get used to a FPS with the PS3 controller. I'm sold, I'll grab the game tonight.
I don't know where you are in socal, but you are welcome to come check it out at my place before you drop the coin if you want.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
What is Prestige mode? I tried looking it up....but I'm at work and it blocks anything having to do with games. I'm at level 53 on Ps3. Do you have to get a certain amount of things unlocked?