Quantcast

Code Noise?

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
I cannot get rid of the warble/vibration noise on my rear code. The front works awesome but the rear is loud as hell. I've tried 3 different rotors, avid, hayes, shimano; I've tried both sintered and organic pads. I've sanded and cleaned the rotor with alcohol and adjusted the caliper bolts dozens of times. I've tried it with and without the cps washers[standard washers used in place]. I've shimmed the adaptor so it is within .2mm of squareness with the rotor. I am completely out of ideas, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, James

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
when you did it without the CPS washers, did you center the rotor in the caliper by applying the brake (pulling the lever) and then tightening the caliper bolts?

what bike is this on? some frames have resonance issues that make howling or vibration a problem.

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
Hub is fine, frame is fine. The brake mount is on the dropout and the mount is not square. I did shim the adaptor so its square to the rotor now but it was not originally. The brake is on a first generation v10. The bike never made this noise with my old brakes[shimano]

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
I talked to the guys at sram yesterday, they are out of ideas too so they are going to warrenty my rear brake.