Quantcast

Colo. RideMonkey Fest

Wahoo

Chimp
Feb 12, 2006
The World is my oyster.....
Friends:

Later this summer I will be heading down to Salida to do some trail riding (nice goal, huh?). My thought was that it might be a great way to get some people together for a 'RideMonkey Fest'.

From the research I've done so far it seems that there are trails there for all abilitiesand a very good infrastructure for groups wanting to hit the trails. The one trail I really want to hit is the Monarch Crest, but am also open to others.

Also, depending on how long people stay we could also get a day of river rafting in...

Let me know your thoughts.

Wahoo

[http://www.absolutebikes.com/Salida-rides.php/SIZE]

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
i might be up for it. depends on the days and stuff and if i can get a ride from my dad (2 more years till i drive). but it sounds like it would be pretty cool. that just depends if you want to have a 14 year old kid tag a long

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
Wahoo said:
All should be welcome...as long as you have a parent there...

(great, some 14 yo out there to kick my butt on the trail)
haha, well, my dad probally doesn't want to do that, but i have a friend that is 19 that is like my second dad, he'll probally come too

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
Having a Colorado Monkey fest would be fun. However, you'd need to include most, if not all genre's of the sport, complete with camping nearby.

lots of good trails in Salida area that I haven't done (methodist mtn, and thre rest of the rainbow trail, which I plan on doing this year.

Wahoo

Chimp
Feb 12, 2006
Ascentrek,

As I said I think all should be welcome, there seems to be different trails for all types of riding...those into road bikes can even ride to the top of Cottonwood Pass (that is where my avatar pic was taken).

Yes, there are camping spots, as well as inexpensive motels to B&Bs where a group could take the whole house. The location of Salida even lends itself to those who might like to come up from Az, NM, and Utah.

I'm just trying to gauge interest, and if there is any we can go from there...(setting dates, schedules, shuttles to trailheads, etc..).

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Wahoo said:
...did I bring this up too early for a mid to late summer event?
probably :D

short answer: yeah, I'm interested. But I can't even plan what I'm doing next weekend right now :)

Wahoo

Chimp
Feb 12, 2006
OK, I'm early...maybe at least it will plant a seed in peoples minds...give them something to look forward to.

Here are a couple of times to look at...July 28 - 31, or Aug. 11 - 14. People can come and stay for as long, or short, as they like.

For those staying longer we can check into some rafting...though that late in the season it might not be as good as earlier in the summer. I just think it that after some of the rides it might be a nice change of pace.