Quantcast

Colorado High School XC Champ Pics (WARNING: LONG LOADING TIME) !

Babar

Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
Colorado
So this was like in november... so its little late. But I took some picture with my crappy canon digi cam.

Anyways it was nice day alot of school came and raced.
Unfortunately i couldnt race because im not in HS anymore but in college so i have to race collegiate.

The winner of the race was this kid named Brady (Tokyo Joe's) and he rides for Prime Alliance Development team or something...

The race was at Cheyene Mountain High school (we local call em rich ville) in wonderful colorado springs. Mix of asphalt and single track behind the school.

Gyro

Chimp
Mar 4, 2002
Slatyfork, WV
Wow! that's awesome!

some of those bikes are amazing. I'm in high school, and i can't imagine owning a bike like some of those. I would sell it and buy two. :cool:

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
Originally posted by hitek
LOL at the person walking the singlespeed
that kids cool. I think he hadn't been riding ss for too long before that race. I think his team(all on ss's) did pretty well out at 24 hours of moab though.

also, 4 pics of torin(the one on the red/wite specialized ht w/ the sid).

Babar

Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
Colorado
Originally posted by T0mo
that kids cool. I think he hadn't been riding ss for too long before that race. I think his team(all on ss's) did pretty well out at 24 hours of moab though.

also, 4 pics of torin(the one on the red/wite specialized ht w/ the sid).
He rode better than most on his SS. I assume he placed in top 10 from watching the race.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Cool pics, unfortunately this is exactly what is wrong with XC racing EVERYWHERE

Here is the most technical section of the course (from what I can see) and everyone is going around it.

and again

How sad what is that 4 steps? I actually do not blame the riders, as it is their job to go to point a-b as fast as possible, but who let that line open up to begin with? It would have taken the person setting up the course 3 minutes to build a rock cairn at the top forcing everyone down the steps. Looks like there are even enough rocks at the bottom

Babar

Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
Colorado
Wrong ?

You shouldve been there... if they gapped the stairs it will shoot them straight to the ditch. Simply there wasnt enough space and it was all covered in gravel so making the sharp uphill corner was sketchy. It was much faster to go around, and look its done on school property so they cannot make changes.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Man, I think I would have just ridden a CX bike on something that smooth! I wish my first XC (and only) race could have been on a course that tech-free, maybe I'd have gone again.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Originally posted by Babar
Wrong ?

You shouldve been there... if they gapped the stairs it will shoot them straight to the ditch. Simply there wasnt enough space and it was all covered in gravel so making the sharp uphill corner was sketchy. It was much faster to go around, and look its done on school property so they cannot make changes.
Well I cannot argue about gapping the stairs since you can't really see the landing. However the person setting up the race course could of easily stuck a cone/tape and or some rocks cutting off the left hand line and forced everyone DOWN the steps. So you would have had to go down some steps into some loose gravel.... Awwww:devil: Those that couldn't handle it could always get off and run..

I am some what joking. I too am jealous that there was never any organized cycling of any kind while I was in HS and it is awsome that you can have any kind of race at your school.

Either way cool pics.

rye

Chimp
Oct 8, 2003
San Jose, Ca
Nice Photos!!

I was a roadie back in my high school days and did a lot of riding in Co (red zinger, iron horse etc...) I love riding there off or on the road, awesome places to ride and cool people to ride with.

It's also nice to see that cycling is starting to take hold as a school sport. Getting guys (and gals) in the sport this early will only help improve the sport when they are my age and racing.

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
Originally posted by hitek
LOL at the person walking the singlespeed

well, how'd he do? props for being a SSer with gearies. my team did that at hurkey creek for the 24 hour race. did damn good against the gearies until we had issues with lights.