Quantcast

Columbia Mtn

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Made it to the top of Columbia Mountain yesterday. Its a 5,000 ft vertical climb in about 6 miles. The DH is super fun. It took 4 hours to ride and push to the top and about an hour to get down. Here are a few pics. We ran into snow right before the top. There was actually NO snow at the VERY top.

Here is a pic of my buddy climbing up the drifts in the trail.

I like this pic. We were actually standing in the clouds at the summit.
Look how low the clouds are.

The Hungry Horse Rsvr on one side.

Columbia Falls. These pics are like you are looking out a airplane. This is almost at the top.

This is at the very top.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
That's a damn healthy chunk of vert in 12 miles. Plenty of hiking on the way up and plenty of brake fade on the way down i'm sure...

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
That's a damn healthy chunk of vert in 12 miles. Plenty of hiking on the way up and plenty of brake fade on the way down i'm sure...
Not 12 miles..... almost 5000 ft in 6 miles up. Then you turn around and ride 6 miles down.

You push almost all the way up. There are a few XC animals that can ride most of it but it is steep the entire way. It never levels out.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Not 12 miles..... almost 5000 ft in 6 miles up. Then you turn around and ride 6 miles down.

You push almost all the way up. There are a few XC animals that can ride most of it but it is steep the entire way. It never levels out.
Yah i knew what you were talkin about.

There's a few trails here that dump you down 3000' in 3 miles. These rides you're posting are in my wheelhouse so just by the numbers i can tell how steep that climb is and how fat the descent.:)

And i just want to clarify i'm not a strong climber, i save gas to bomb the descents. But i do know a few riders that could probably give that climb a run for the money. Not me though haha....

But anyways that looks like an awesome ride, thanks for the report.