Quantcast

Comfort Race near San Antonio

Big T

Chimp
Jul 20, 2001
San Antonio
This year is going to be a good year. Lot's of food, Fat Tire beer, frame and wheelset giveaways, video premieres, live music and much more. Squasher and ProFro said that they were going to dance naked on the downhill course while the races were running.

A Psylo SL with Tulio will be raffled courtesy of RideAway Bicycles (San Antonio Santa Cruz dealers) and STORM to the DHr's that race along with a lot of Santa Cruz t's and ball caps. A couple of SC freeride jersies also.

Its more than a race weekend, its a huge party. Gotta be there Saturday for most of the fun activities. Clif and Santa Cruz are raffling a SuperLight and Chameleon frame at the video premieres and live music Saturday night. Register at the Clif Compound on Saturday.

Attachments

Big T

Chimp
Jul 20, 2001
San Antonio
I just picked up three wheelsets to be given away at Comfort. Two Mavic wheelsets and one Bontrager Mustang with Chris King hubs in green (Bontrager built by Bike World one of the best wheelbuilders in the country). All are tubeless and disc compatible. Add that to the 4 Santa Cruz frames that Clif, Storm and Ride Away Bicycles provided, the Rock Shox Psylo SL with Tulio fork and the killer tires (not to mention all the clothing, parts and beer schwag) and you will attend the best race Texas has ever seen.
Pffft. Who needs Lajitas anyways when you can come to Comfort and be treated like a king. Or a contestant on the new Let's Make a Deal.

I'm not blowing smoke. We have the schwag everyone dreams of winning. I have followed the TMBRA circuit for the last two years and I have never seen anything like Comfort will have. Try to make it by Saturday noon so you can see the TT and DH races before the live music, video premieres, free Fat Tire beer, food galore and the early raffle open to everyone.

We even have some cajuns bringing up a ton of crawdads and ettoufe.

the BIG cheese

The STUFF
Feb 26, 2002
stick red
Originally posted by Big T
I just picked up three wheelsets to be given away at Comfort. Two Mavic wheelsets and one Bontrager Mustang with Chris King hubs in green (Bontrager built by Bike World one of the best wheelbuilders in the country). All are tubeless and disc compatible. Add that to the 4 Santa Cruz frames that Clif, Storm and Ride Away Bicycles provided, the Rock Shox Psylo SL with Tulio fork and the killer tires (not to mention all the clothing, parts and beer schwag) and you will attend the best race Texas has ever seen.
Pffft. Who needs Lajitas anyways when you can come to Comfort and be treated like a king. Or a contestant on the new Let's Make a Deal.

I'm not blowing smoke. We have the schwag everyone dreams of winning. I have followed the TMBRA circuit for the last two years and I have never seen anything like Comfort will have. Try to make it by Saturday noon so you can see the TT and DH races before the live music, video premieres, free Fat Tire beer, food galore and the early raffle open to everyone.

We even have some cajuns bringing up a ton of crawdads and ettoufe.
aaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeee!

wish i could go, have fun ya'll.

Big T

Chimp
Jul 20, 2001
San Antonio
See you there Tony. We'll break open the first kegs of Fat Tire at about 3 or 4 on Saturday. We've got 3 kegs. Hope they don't all float before Sunday...

northshorerat

Monkey
Oct 7, 2001
before 3 or 4 on saturday.

come on, you need to tap those damn things on friday, no need to delay the drinking of good beer. you know some of us might have to work on sunday and not be able to stay very long on saturday. and i like fat tire damnit

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by northshorerat
before 3 or 4 on saturday.

come on, you need to tap those damn things on friday, no need to delay the drinking of good beer. you know some of us might have to work on sunday and not be able to stay very long on saturday. and i like fat tire damnit
True. in fact i'll even make the trip up on thursday night if we can pop the top a little extra early :)

Big T

Chimp
Jul 20, 2001
San Antonio
I can't make it up till Saturday, but if NorthShoreRat or Tony want to stop by on Friday on their way up to Comfort, I'll kick a keg your way. Maybe you can get Alan or Chief or someone to pick it up. Let me know. I am supposed to pick them up on Wednesday.

And no Tony, I won't give you the keg on Thursday because about midnight Thursday you'll be ringing my doorbell to pick up another keg...
:D