Quantcast

Coming to Montana (Late Aug 2007)

k9handler

Monkey
Aug 19, 2004
Fort Collins, CO
Posted in the main forum since this forum seems dead quiet...but I will ask where to ride in Montana? I will be moving to Great Falls in Aug.

Any info regarding clubs, sites, etc?

Thanks.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
You are about 5 hours from Fernie Alpine Resort and Big Sky Resort for resort riding.

What kind of riding are you looking for?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
You wont find any long DH in Great Falls. Your going to have to drive to Missoula, Bozeman, or Whitefish. Look me up when you get here. PM me.

rayray74

Chimp
May 28, 2006
Great Falls
Kanter is right, no DH in Great Falls, but we do have a couple of descent trails, and for National Trails Day we are working on a new piece of singletrack that should turn out to be pretty nice. I'm in the Air Force too....look me up when you get here and I'll show you some of the spots that aren't "publicized".

k9handler

Monkey
Aug 19, 2004
Fort Collins, CO
Kanter is right, no DH in Great Falls, but we do have a couple of descent trails, and for National Trails Day we are working on a new piece of singletrack that should turn out to be pretty nice. I'm in the Air Force too....look me up when you get here and I'll show you some of the spots that aren't "publicized".
cool I will look you up. I do enjoy some trail rides from time to time so that will be ok. As for DH, I drive 3 hours to my favorite spot now so a drive to me is not a big issue. =o)

I will look you up in Aug.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Polson

Yep its about 60 miles from Missoula and about 40 miles from Kalispell. There is alot of good riding around here. PM me when you get close.

Feb 13, 2006
Polson is 1.25 hours from Missoula. If you haul ass.

Great Falls? Man, you must have done something wrong to have to live there. Enjoy the meth heads. And the unemployed trailer trash. And the crime. And oh yeah, enjoy the crime. And don't forget to love the crime.

Great Falls. Nothing great about it. Have fun!

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Polson is 1.25 hours from Missoula. If you haul ass.

Great Falls? Man, you must have done something wrong to have to live there. Enjoy the meth heads. And the unemployed trailer trash. And the crime. And oh yeah, enjoy the crime. And don't forget to love the crime.

Great Falls. Nothing great about it. Have fun!

Now that the hwy is almost done, you can make it to Polson in a little over an hour.

Great Falls really does suck. I worked there off and on for about a year and I hated it. The only thing good about GF is the clear sky. The wind blows almost all the time and the sky is almost always blue. I didnt know about the crime.