Quantcast

comp in richmond

welshy

Chimp
Jul 28, 2006
richmond,va
Hey Hey everybody.:wave:
My names Matthew and I'm trying to get the word out about a trials comp that is being held on belle isle in richmond on the 17th of september.
Any of you local guys that know me should definately come out.

Its the perfect way to show the sport to people that dont even know bikes without seats exsist :rofl:
There will be a bunch of good riders here. And the best part is that anyone can enter for fun, you dont need a trials bike. The beginner sections will be ridable on any bike.

So if anyone fancys a go or wants to learn some technical skills or just wants to see some amazing riding, come on out, bring the kids and enjoy the show.........

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
welshy said:
My names Matthew and I'm trying to get the word out about a trials comp that is being held on belle isle in richmond on the 17th of september.

Its the perfect way to show the sport to people that dont even know bikes without seats exsist :rofl:
There will be a bunch of good riders here. And the best part is that anyone can enter for fun, you dont need a trials bike. The beginner sections will be ridable on any bike.

So if anyone fancys a go or wants to learn some technical skills or just wants to see some amazing riding, come on out, bring the kids and enjoy the show.........

Hey Matt!!! Welcome to the Monkey!!!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
welshy said:

What time and where specifically?

dairy_dude

Chimp
Nov 19, 2004
that looks sweet i might come by on my bmx bike and try it out since it also happens to be on my birthday.:brows:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Matthew!

Whats up man, welcome to me monkey!

I'll be down there, won't be riding, I broke my wrist last weekend, but i'll definantly be there shooting photos!

are you organizing this thing? let me know if you need any help.....

--Mike

welshy

Chimp
Jul 28, 2006
richmond,va
Thanks guys. We may need a little help on the day and we'll be out there all day on sat setting up, feel free to join us if you like, bring a bike too or a camera.
See ya soon.

dairy_dude

Chimp
Nov 19, 2004
How is the competition going to work, are you gonna have judges or timed courses or something else entirely?

welshy

Chimp
Jul 28, 2006
richmond,va
Both !! Riders have to get through sections in 3mins or less without putting their feet down. Every time a foot goes down the observer (judge) counts it as 1 dab. The person with the least amout of dabs at the end wins........Sounds easy eh, not so, the expert and pro sections will be difficult to walk , let alone ride a bike through.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Both !! Riders have to get through sections in 3mins or less without putting their feet down. Every time a foot goes down the observer (judge) counts it as 1 dab. The person with the least amout of dabs at the end wins........Sounds easy eh, not so, the expert and pro sections will be difficult to walk , let alone ride a bike through.
I shot you a PM with my cell number....give me a shout!

dairy_dude

Chimp
Nov 19, 2004
Sweet, but with no experiance in trials I may just stick to the beginner section and hope I don't fall off. :)