Quantcast

Congrats to MattPatt, clognot, etc!!!

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
(Forgive if this was already posted)

Congratulations are in order for some of our own amateur racers who represented and got on the podium at the USAC Mountain Bike National Championships last weekend at Sol Vista:

Matt Patteson (MattPatt): 3rd, Cat 1 35-39

Chris Bentley (clognot): 2nd, Cat 1 45-49 (and a scant 6/10s of a second off first)

My apologies - - there may be others who I missed but those are the ones I knew that jumped out at me from the results.

It should also be mentioned that Jill Kitner (Transition) is National Champ for the Pro women; and our own Kyle Thomas (thom9719) posted a very respectable 15th in the Pro men.

Way to go all!

What can I say....It was a great time. Again we were provided the option to get big air on the Amatuer Course with 2 new 20+ ft gap jumps. Photo's should be on www.vastaction.com sometime soon) Thanks to RD and Jonathon Allyn (Kent / Big Tree Bikes) who helped me with the roll in speeds - And to FOX Racing Shox for being present - What a great company! Also, thanks to the Sol Vista crew for raising the bar for all future DH National Championship events. - C. Bentley

ebxtreme

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Bellingham
Kudos to MattPatt for his 2nd podium in a row in Sol Vista!

Also, fellow B'ham builder, Tyler Earnheart, brought home the gold in the same category (35-39 cat 1). Not a bad first season of racing for homeslice.

Cheers,
EB