Quantcast

Cool little video from the Asheville Comp

GiantAC1dh

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
Georgia
Good Video!:D Jeremy Demers from Evil bikes is a really cool guy! we talked with him for a little bit at the competition. I still have to get my video done.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
everyone can just go ahead and laugh at the dumb kid that fell on the wall because he had to spin his bars back a few feet infront of it:eviltongu
Ryan was super cool I cant wait to see what well be able to do down the road

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Originally posted by Pip3r
everyone can just go ahead and laugh at the dumb kid that fell on the wall because he had to spin his bars back a few feet infront of it:eviltongu
Ryan was super cool I cant wait to see what well be able to do down the road
When I saw that my first impression was..what a tool. But then a half a second later I realized that there is NO way I could have done it and that there is no shame in what he did. I think its great to see top riders crashing trying stuff.

:thumb:

Hipping the box jump with a nice table was sooooo sweet.:cool:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Originally posted by prophet6
That's a nice video John.

I'm going to say this and try to say it without sounding too much like a d!ck.

that course looks ghetto.

p6
that was kind of the point of the "urban decay" throw it all out there rough and tumble. there is no consistancy in an urban environment. ghetto is a good word for lots of burban environments. no matter though the riders still killed it.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Originally posted by profro
When I saw that my first impression was..what a tool. But then a half a second later I realized that there is NO way I could have done it and that there is no shame in what he did. I think its great to see top riders crashing trying stuff.

:thumb:

Hipping the box jump with a nice table was sooooo sweet.:cool:
hows it going doug?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
didn't any pros show up to that?

I wasn't impressed w/ that video........

be-radd

Chimp
May 31, 2004
O-town
yeah there were a lot more people out there. thoes were only the evil guys. its cool seeing some footage of the event. i hope more comes out sometime soon of the rest of the riders.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Originally posted by be-radd
yeah there were a lot more people out there. thoes were only the evil guys. its cool seeing some footage of the event. i hope more comes out sometime soon of the rest of the riders.
hey is this brad from the break dance comp?

be-radd

Chimp
May 31, 2004
O-town
yeah it is, thats cool, im new to the fourm jsut found out there were pics and stuff up on here. the contest was awesome, had a blast there and at the after party.

Ifelloffabike

Monkey
Apr 14, 2003
Strong Island Ny
not to offend anyone, but that course doenst look fun to ride at all.

It just seems that all the riders who ive talked to that rode there didnt like the course much. Just because you are trying to make it ghetto doesnt mean it cant have flow and work well. The people who put that event on should really take a lesson from the fbm ghetto comp. The ghetto comp is always interesting and has an assload of personality. They also have alot of real creative lines to be made up and yet still manage to look and feel a whole lot more ghetto.

Im glad they made it the weekend before finals week for me, because i saved myself a whole lot of driving and money

RaceFace2040

Chimp
Jul 31, 2003
austin tejas
yea the grass sections really looked flowy:rolleyes: at least they could ahve set it up on pavement, like the other dude said they should definetly look at the fbm comp to see what a true ghetto competition should look like

Sideways

Monkey
Jun 8, 2002
Asheville, North Carolina
Originally posted by Ifelloffabike
not to offend anyone, but that course doenst look fun to ride at all.

It just seems that all the riders who ive talked to that rode there didnt like the course much. Just because you are trying to make it ghetto doesnt mean it cant have flow and work well. The people who put that event on should really take a lesson from the fbm ghetto comp. The ghetto comp is always interesting and has an assload of personality. They also have alot of real creative lines to be made up and yet still manage to look and feel a whole lot more ghetto.

Im glad they made it the weekend before finals week for me, because i saved myself a whole lot of driving and money
Hey buddy, I designed that course.

Just because none of the riders who you talked to were able to flow it and the video didn't show the numerous full course lines, doesn't mean there weren't riders hitting sweet and fluid lines.

Before you go talking smack on a course you've never experianced: how about showing some videos of contests you've put on, instead of just displaying a few pics of riders that are so far out of the league of anyone who actually made it to the Asheville comp.

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
Originally posted by Sideways
Hey buddy, I designed that course.

Just because none of the riders who talked to were able to flow itand the video didn't show the numerous full course lines, doesn't mean there weren't riders hitting sweet cross course lines.

Before you go talking smack (as if you have any sort of credibility) on a course you've never experianced: how about showing some videos of contests you've put on, instead of just displaying a few pics of riders that are so far out of the league of anyone who actually made it to the Asheville comp.
Why don't you just accept some constructive criticism, accept that it wasn't perfect (because nothing is), and use his suggestions to improve it for next year...

If some of the riders are genuinely not enjoying it, then maybe there ARE aspects of the course that could be improved. Don't be discouraged/offended, just make use of the criticism you get!