Quantcast

Cool Photo

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
It's been said before...but here goes....

BRRRRAAAAAAAP!

and

(Gnar!)

-MD

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by GiantDHRider
i believe the words to describe the above photo is

BRAAAAAP! BRAAAAAPPP!
Ha! You beat me by thirty seconds.

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
luckily martini crashed or missed his line or something and hiked to hit this turn again and skidded like a mofo on purpose to get that nasty ass dust cloud.

thanks for getting aggro seven...i just pushed a button.

i can't wait for rain and mud!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Wow, If you looked up BRAAAP in the dictionary you'd see that picture beside it:D

Awesome photo, nice roost!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Spomer, think you could keep an eye out for me in Semi-Pro practice at Snowshoe?
:(
I'll be wearing White/Red No Fear kit and a 04 Red Giro Mad Max on Black 04 DHR with silver/pearl white Team Turner graphics.

I know....you can yell at me when I go by. I'll stop, push back up and then peddle like a MOFO and then get all aggro...make sure my eyes are wide open...even pull one of BLONG'S manuvers and pop the front wheel when I spot you.... :rolleyes:

To be in one of your photos is to be immortalized bro!

They're just that good!::heart: :love: :blah:

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Originally posted by ©2001

thanks for getting aggro seven...i just pushed a button.
BULLSH!T, I just push a button, you capture the intensity and emotion of the moment! Very nice work Spomes. That is one hell of a shot!

I like his plate number :)

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Every time I see a close-up, wide angle shot from Spomer, I go "Yeaaaahh, that's the stuff...up in your face, exaggerated angles, a real sense of visual intimacy, punchy colors, and David Hasselhoff..." Then I try to imitate it.

Then I see a long lens shot of his like this one and think, "Wow, long lenses are so much cooler; the shallow depth-of-field makes the sharp stuff seem that much crisper, the subject pops from the background, and he's just NAILED the timing and composition."
Then I try and imitate it again.

MD

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO

Flattie beyond flat. GNAR!

Aight, I'm headed out to US Open to get my ass handed to me in Open Class, then its off to Snowshoe Monday-Tues to get some early course practice in. Hopefully I can remember to bring a digicam and post up some pics of the course, its gonna be completely new. I haven't seen any yet.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Originally posted by MikeD
Every time I see a close-up, wide angle shot from Spomer, I go "Yeaaaahh, that's the stuff...up in your face, exaggerated angles, a real sense of visual intimacy, punchy colors, and David Hasselhoff..." Then I try to imitate it.

Then I see a long lens shot of his like this one and think, "Wow, long lenses are so much cooler; the shallow depth-of-field makes the sharp stuff seem that much crisper, the subject pops from the background, and he's just NAILED the timing and composition."
Then I try and imitate it again.

MD
So how is that workin out for ya? Lets see some pix! :thumb:

You should check out this small MTB photographers forum

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by Motionboy2
So how is that workin out for ya? Lets see some pix! :thumb:

You should check out this small MTB photographers forum
Here's what I've got up on Transcend...

The latest BB pics were just a quick lark; no plan for shooting, no scouting of locations, just showed up on the spot, found 2 locations and started shooting dusty crap.

I do like this one, tho...

The Sea Otter pics in the gallery are OK, too, but nothing really great. I like a few of the slalom shots, mostly.

I think I'm happiest with the Utah non-race pics(thread has long since gone away) and a few of the red bull shots I took, on Transcend's features page and some of my local stuff...
but I need to shoot a LOT more if I'm gonna get good at MTB stuff. I've been out of the photo gig since I left college, until last Oct. when I shot the Red Bull, and it's only been sporadic since.

MD

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Originally posted by GravityFreakTJ
Bizutch, i hope there is a pic from Nat's like that of you....you know....dust at Snowshoe:p
Not me....and I'm saying that knowing full welll that I'll be wearing WHITE.

I lvoe the mud at Snowshoe....everybody freaks out and I just go. If you laugh and grin while you slip and slide....it's good, good times.

I'll be the only guy in Semi-Pro cracking jokes and goofing off mid-run!:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
-seb... awesome pic!!!

about 'em rain...I don't care which god or diety y'all praying to but pls pls pls, send all the rain over here pls!! It's so dry here my shovel sparks when it hits dirt...

rain...bring em on!!!!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Orven
-seb... awesome pic!!!

about 'em rain...I don't care which god or diety y'all praying to but pls pls pls, send all the rain over here pls!! It's so dry here my shovel sparks when it hits dirt...

rain...bring em on!!!!
yeah, awesome pic! that's one of thierry's (shabok, sorry if i have the name wrong. the screen name is right at least :D)

Aztomac

Chimp
Mar 17, 2002
Los Angeles
the largest resolution i made was a 1024x768, unfortunately the file was too big to post. If you send me ur email i can i can send it to you.

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
Originally posted by bizutch
Not me....and I'm saying that knowing full welll that I'll be wearing WHITE.

I lvoe the mud at Snowshoe....everybody freaks out and I just go. If you laugh and grin while you slip and slide....it's good, good times.

I'll be the only guy in Semi-Pro cracking jokes and goofing off mid-run!:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Don't bother us any either. Me in mud is like a pig in slop......Good Times:D