Quantcast

Copenhagen biking - blondes and bikes

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Police will now ride bikes in Copenhagen and compare to what I have seen here in the US some pretty cool bikes. The should be able to jump some stairs chasing the local bad guys

If you like bikes this guy has a Copenhagen centric bike blog. Cool bikes and good selections of blonds

http://www.copenhagencyclechic.com/

Makes me miss the city but all the damn rain quickly changed my mind.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
:drool: those bike paths... oh, the fashionably dressed eye candy is nice, too. :D

(reads further down) ahha, derek pearson, aka BAH, is on there! awesome.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
:drool: those bike paths... oh, the fashionably dressed eye candy is nice, too. :D

(reads further down) ahha, derek pearson, aka BAH, is on there! awesome.
The bike paths are super cool and safe at least for cars as I have seen several bikers crashing into other bikers.

I was told last week that NYC has hired a Danish architect to build similar bike paths. Sounds like a good idea with the not so bike friendly city.

Mumbles

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
The bike paths are super cool and safe at least for cars as I have seen several bikers crashing into other bikers.

I was told last week that NYC has hired a Danish architect to build similar bike paths. Sounds like a good idea with the not so bike friendly city.
pssh, i don't know what you mean.. nyc is totally friendly to cyclists. doesn't it mean "great job, keep riding!" when a brooklyn-ite screams "F*** you buddy!!" out the window??

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
I was watching the car traffic going on behind them. Each of them fairly well spaced, no tailgating or passing and only heard a 1 or 2 horns. What was that last motorized thing?

edit: ahh tulip stand!!

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I was watching the car traffic going on behind them. Each of them fairly well spaced, no tailgating or passing and only heard a 1 or 2 horns. What was that last motorized thing?

edit: ahh tulip stand!!
The Tulip stand is a motorized hot dog stand. They are all over the city.

Yes, drivers are very civilized in Copenhagen its almost a little boring. I am sure they think I drive like mad man when I am back.

There are a few fixie bikes and hipsters but since most people use their bikes for transportation and not to look cool the city bikes with fenders works much better. Plus any cool bike in Copenhagen will get stolen (no joke).

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
That is far from true. More and more gun crime in Denmark at the moment due to fighting over drug sales. My brother lives in North Copenhagen and his house has been broken into 3 times. There is crime everywhere but its still a very safe country.