Quantcast

copied off internet?

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
I don't know if this was covered in the mainstream media--
Saw a news link called "British government admits Iraq dossier copied off internet" a day or two ago. Here's a good explanation of the whole deal, streaming: http://stream.realimpact.net/rihurl.ram?file=webactive/demnow/dn20030210.ra&start=46:41.4

Whether war is necessary or not, crap like this just discredits the whole thing. The push for war should not resemble a corporation's public relations campaign, with consumers later finding out that the company's published data was "fudged" to sway opinion.

I've heard that some in the intelligence community view the case for war as valid, but complicated in a way that makes it hard to sell..... understandable, but it's hard to trust that perspective when they're selling us crap along with it.

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
I believe that there are even more reasons to go to war then have been presented to us by our governments. All that classified jazz. I recognize that by divulging that information, the people who have given us our precious, precious info. Either that or Bush is just pissed off.

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Originally posted by D_D
It was covered in the uk mainstream media for a few minutes.
What did the government say? "Henceforth, all our Iraq dossiers will not be copied off the internet. Due apologies. In other news....."

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by D_D
http://news.bbc.co.uk
Will proberly have the answer if you care.
i read the bbc news every day, and have not seen mention of it recently. the furor does seem to have been very short lasted, if it existed at all...

D_D

Monkey
Dec 16, 2001
UK
Originally posted by Toshi
i read the bbc news every day, and have not seen mention of it recently. the furor does seem to have been very short lasted, if it existed at all...
There was a bit on the radio today. Mp doing the usual and trying to attack journalists and said that the person who wrote the dissitation knew more about iraq than any journalist and didn't appear too bothered about the dissitaion being written 10 years ago.

It has been somewhat eclipsed by the humourous attempt to link bin laden to saddam from that tape.

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Originally posted by D_D

It has been somewhat eclipsed by the humourous attempt to link bin laden to saddam from that tape.

I can't wait for the next time when the US produces a video of Saddam and Osama together, "He---llo. I am..... Sadd-am, and......... I-am Osamabin.................. lad----en, the one who attacked............. your country on 9/11. To-....gether, we will use Saddam's...............weapons. To........ do another........ 9/11. You'd........... better disarm...... Saddam fast."

Powell, "It's completely legit!"