Quantcast

Corvallis, OR riders (downhill or XC)?

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
Go into the corvallis bike and hike and talk to Chuckum's (Charlie)....he is an O.G. member of the Fab 5 on Team Dirty Beatch and represents the cornvalley DHer's quite well...

gorgechris

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Traveling the eastern U.S.
Originally posted by sam_little
Anyone from / near Corvallis? Looking for some folks to shuttle Mary's Peak or show me something other than Mac/Dunn.
Shuttle Mary's Peak? Dude, ride up that sucka'! It's a good climb on the singletrack.

Not to sound like a mother hen, but please do be careful. We rode it a couple of weeks ago, and saw a fair number of hikers on the trail. It's an awesome ride (one of the best in Oregon), and I'd hate to start having user conflicts on it.

Check out Falls City, the place is pretty epic.

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
I normally do ride up that sucka, after I ride from Corvallis to do so. This is of course on a cross country bike. It is quite a bit harder to ride there and then up on a 12 inch slalom hardtail...

no $hit on the graduate degree... I feel like no matter what kind of balance I try to maintain, the harder I slave away as a student / RA / TA, the worse my riding skills get. I think I could justify it if I thought my MS would earn me more money and allow a greater ability to afford nice cycling equipment.

Sorry, what was that, you have an MS in geography / ecology? Riiiiighhhhttt.... we would be happy to offer you 22,000 a year. $hit.

gorgechris

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Traveling the eastern U.S.
Originally posted by sam_little
I normally do ride up that sucka, after I ride from Corvallis to do so. This is of course on a cross country bike. It is quite a bit harder to ride there and then up on a 12 inch slalom hardtail...

no $hit on the graduate degree... I feel like no matter what kind of balance I try to maintain, the harder I slave away as a student / RA / TA, the worse my riding skills get. I think I could justify it if I thought my MS would earn me more money and allow a greater ability to afford nice cycling equipment.

Sorry, what was that, you have an MS in geography / ecology? Riiiiighhhhttt.... we would be happy to offer you 22,000 a year. $hit.
OSU is a good school for geography/ecology. I know several people who are now kickin' it pretty good with geo degrees from there (both undergrad and masters). Naw, they're not making stacks of cash, but they like their jobs, and that's what matters. Plus, with your GIS skills, you can cull tons of maps to find out the awesome riding spots!

Sorry if I misunderstood your first post. I get a little worried about the thought of guys rippin' down crowded singletrack with their big bikes - recipe for disaster. Damn, if only I lived in Corvallis and could ride Mary's Peak twice a week, I'd be so much more skilled.

deelux 247

Chimp
May 10, 2004
Sherwood, Oregon
I am planning on riding sunday, haven't decided if I am going to shuttle mary's or if I am going to head up to Fall's City and test out the new trail. Heard its got some decent stuff on it. Let me know if anybody is up for riding.
Don't worry about hikers as long as you are yelling like you got a bear on your ass, they'll usually hear you and get out of the way.(ha ha):devil:

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Hey Deelux,

Send me an email about sunday:

sam_littlefield (at) hotmail.com

I would love to check out Falls City as I haven't been there yet. I would need to either go early or later in the afternoon; I need part of the day for schoolwork... :angry:

lemme know!

hellskull

Chimp
May 20, 2003
Look for Dave at Bike n Hike. He should be down for some riding. Tell him Eli sent you. I'll be down there some time between May 21 and June 1st for a visit back to the home town, so let me know if you want to do some riding then.

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
okay man... I just checked out the vids from Falls City. How have I not known this existed near Corvallis after living here since September...

PLEASE email me if you are going on Sunday... I have been going crazy for some real riding!!!

deelux 247

Chimp
May 10, 2004
Sherwood, Oregon
I am almost 100% positive I am going on sunday Let me know what works better if you want to go in the morning or afternoon, doesn't matter to me. If you want you can stop in at biken'hike today cause I have to work until 6:00 and we can plan things out.

My names charlie by the way.

Don't let deelux 247 fool you. He will take you into the woods at Falls city, play the banjo for you and one thing will lead to another. If you are okay with that, he is not bad to ride with. I keep telling him that his beach cruiser is not made for drops and jumps but he doesn't listen. So you will spend a lot of time waiting for him to keep fixing his coaster brake. Make sure when you go to falls city, have him do his x-up-360-no footer off of the rock drop.:nuts:

Chuckwagon

Chimp
Feb 14, 2004
Albany, OR
Sheeyat bitch, I'll bend both of you over granny's kitchen sink.

Originally posted by Just Joe
Don't let deelux 247 fool you. He will take you into the woods at Falls city, play the banjo for you and one thing will lead to another. If you are okay with that, he is not bad to ride with. I keep telling him that his beach cruiser is not made for drops and jumps but he doesn't listen. So you will spend a lot of time waiting for him to keep fixing his coaster brake. Make sure when you go to falls city, have him do his x-up-360-no footer off of the rock drop.:nuts:

deelux 247

Chimp
May 10, 2004
Sherwood, Oregon
No you didnt just disrespect deelux, I do the bendin and you do the squealing, I'm a true playa from day 1, I just put knobbys on my cruiser and that thing straight balls.:nope:

Knobbies on that thing!? I stand humbled. Wish you would have rode post canyon Sat. That shiz is off the hook! Log ridin for days. New trail is gonna be sweet. Bring some folks from the corn valley and we'll meet up. We could even do a sincline warm up run!

By the way chuckles deelux, you should have heard the drunken Original Jackass uncork in the microphone at the wedding reception!:eek:

deelux 247

Chimp
May 10, 2004
Sherwood, Oregon
What are you doing you weren't supposed to release any pics of the prototype bike my sponsors are having me test for them. That bike isn't going to be available for another 6 months and they didn't want any pics making it onto the internet. But now that the cats out of the bag I just want to let you guys know that this is going to be the next big thing. VP free has nothing on this baller.:evil:

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Good riding on Sunday... thanks for the tour. Gimme a call or send an email if you guys go out for an urban session. I tend to come across as a flake because I am often too busy to ride, but if you keep calling I'll get out there.

deelux 247

Chimp
May 10, 2004
Sherwood, Oregon
for sure, I will definitely give you a call next time we ride it's good to ride with someone who likes to throw down. Other than mother natures shower it was a great ride. Stop in at the shop anytime if you are down that way.