Quantcast

Could someone recommend a good LBS in the Colorado Springs/Denver area?

Jeremy S

Chimp
May 26, 2005
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Hi, I’m looking into getting a newer MTB in the $500.00 range but I still need to find a good bike store in my area. So far I’ve only visited Bicycle Village (www.bicyclevillage.com) and it looked like a good LBS to me but I really don’t have much experience in the way of bike stores. So, does anyone in the Colorado Front Range a favorite bike store that stands out from the rest?

Thanks, Jeremy

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
hmm... i would stab myself in the leg with a screwdriver before i ever spend a dime at BV. (yeah i worked there for a couple years). denver spoke, pedal pushers, wheatridge, full tilt. those are some ones to check out also.

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
Full tilt is a good one...I'd check out Arapahoe Cyclerly, and as was previously mentioned wheatridge...can't go wrong with either

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
My personal favorite is Green Mountain Sports in Lakewood - talk to Neal or Corky and they'll get you set up if you go in there.

But since you're in Springs, Colorado Cyclist might actually be exactly what you need, check that store out. Talk to Mike Blackmore, he's a good guy and should get you pointed in the right direction. $500 isn't a whole lot of cashish in the world of $4000+ mtn bikes, but I think if Mike doesn't have anything in store, he'd be able to tell you where to look.

And yes, Full Tilt is great, SuperGo would be good if you talk to the right person since they blow good stuff out for less $$$, Wheatridge, Big Kahuna - yeah pretty much anywhere but Bicycle Village! :D

Dirtface

Chimp
May 22, 2005
Austin, Texas
Wheat Ridge Cyclery, ask for Anthony Sloan. He's an Austinite but moved up there to work. The most knowledgeable and talented biker I know. It's a gorgeous shop. I spent a week up there riding last summer. We miss him dearly in Austin but he went to a great place and will provide outstanding service to anybody he helps. A real gem.

dcamp29

Monkey
Feb 14, 2004
Colorado
o yeah- we're the giant masters. and if any bushings are messed up the giant warranty guy is nice to us(but maybe not if you didn't buy the bike from us?)

anyways stop by sometime(but not on sundays because only salespeople work on sundays.)

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
SkaredShtles said:
Hey - you guys have any Giant experts down there? I'd like someone to take a look at my NRS and determine if any of the bushings need replacing on the rear triangle.............

-S.S.-
Most multi pivot bikes only have a shelf life of 3 years (for the lighter ones). You should buy a hard tail with a ridged fork. :thumb:

Jump Jumper

Chimp
Mar 28, 2004
ya go to Big Kahuna Bicycles its bad ass i work there too. we can help you out tell us your from this thred

bikeCOLORADO

Chimp
May 9, 2003
Colorado Springs, USA!
Colorado Springs...
Ted's Bicycles - probably the smallest shop in the 'Springs, small on size, big on knowledge and service.
3016 N Hancock Av
Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - 5711
(719) 473-6915

...and no, I don't work there.

I also like Performance for the prices (with the 10% Team rebates)...and Mike (shop manager) is one of the best bike mechanics ever.

Colorado Cyclist is pricey and always seems pretty snooty whenever I go there, so I haven't been there in three years. I kinda got that feeling at ProCycling too...like they're looking down their nose at anyone that's not in "stick-boy" uber top fitness shape and doesn't ride a boutique bike, I'll give them another chance though.

Criterium is great on service (all around), average on price.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
bikeCOLORADO said:
Colorado Springs...
Ted's Bicycles - probably the smallest shop in the 'Springs, small on size, big on knowledge and service.
3016 N Hancock Av
Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - 5711
(719) 473-6915

...and no, I don't work there.

I also like Performance for the prices (with the 10% Team rebates)...and Mike (shop manager) is one of the best bike mechanics ever.

Colorado Cyclist is pricey and always seems pretty snooty whenever I go there, so I haven't been there in three years. I kinda got that feeling at ProCycling too...like they're looking down their nose at anyone that's not in "stick-boy" uber top fitness shape and doesn't ride a boutique bike, I'll give them another chance though.

Criterium is great on service (all around), average on price.
Criterium is definitely a great choice but I think their bikes are priced at actual MSRP instead of below like most stores have.

Never been to Ted's *gasp* :(

I've sort of gotten the elitist attitude from CC as well, not sure why but its there. I've never really gotten the attitude from ProCycling, maybe its because I go there so much and what not, who knows....I love them. :p