Quantcast

Country Park Ride Pictors

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Quite a few people came out today, it was good fun. Not much to say about it really, just pictures.

Obey the law children.

A couple of new lines. Now you have to decide between 3 lines...difficult.

Farris getting through a few rollers we randomely made. They are actually quite hard to get through smoothly.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Well, quite a few people showed up after all, and everyone seemed to be drawn to the new hip line. Alex was loving the re-done Mountainboard jump, and Mike was throwing down as usual with his "Table-Whips".

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
skatetokil said:
where is this and how can i get my city to make one?
It's in Greensboro, North Carolina. It took LOTS of persuasion with the city, as well as very intricate plans and standards to which the jumps would be built.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
wow you guys posted a lot while I was eating...

more pics:

Mark in the rollers

Alex

Mike(not me) throwing down as usual

Mark hip-whipping

Alex showing his better side, err umm, nevermind

Farris hipping

Mark in one of the berms

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Even more pics:

Mark manualing a tabletop

Alex getting about three feet of air

Farris

Mike

Alex coming home from an X-up

That's all I have

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Alex, I am not impressed. Only spongebob boxers are cool.

Anyway, I hope to be out there next weekend. I hear its gonna be a big ride?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
WKC said:
It's in Greensboro, North Carolina. It took LOTS of persuasion with the city, as well as very intricate plans and standards to which the jumps would be built.
....and chase has to don the blonde pigtail wig and mini-skirt twice a month to maintain the "please the beuracracy" part of the deal :devil: ;) :D

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
ZachTheMech said:
that place aint kool, no trolls were present.
Oh yeah Zach we forgot to thank you for breaking down your bike and securing the good weather. Pops to you for taking one for the team!

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
manimal said:
....and chase has to don the blonde pigtail wig and mini-skirt twice a month to maintain the "please the beuracracy" part of the deal :devil: ;) :D
Shhhhh....................................don't tell!!!!!

...I'm not really the one to ask about the about what all exactly was done with the City of Greensboro to make these jumps a possibility, but I do know that it was a lot of work, and props to everyone that helped make this place a reality.

meatboot

Monkey
Jul 28, 2004
Chapel Hell
skatetokil said:
interesting none the less. DC hates mountain bikers though.

Great attitude. Go check the VA forum for the 495 thread, or PM cory_DCstreet. Get involved with MORE -- they're making great strides towards helping out the freeride community.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
spacemanspiff06 said:
damn, i gotta check that out next time i'm down, looks like fun. good shots mike.
where in greensb is it?
Off of Pisgah Church Road right near Lowes Home Improvement (intersection of Battleground Rd. and Pisgah Church).