Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
May 29, 2003, 10:41PM

Criticism of Halliburton persists
Waxman castigates Army for $425 million services contract
[By DAVID IVANOVICH
Copyright 2003 Houston Chronicle Washington Bureau

WASHINGTON -- A Democratic lawmaker who has been grilling the Pentagon for weeks about Halliburton Co.'s contract to repair Iraq's oil fields is now raising questions about the firm's much bigger deal to provide logistical support to the military.

The Houston-based firm has been assigned logistical work with an estimated $425 million price tag for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, according to Pentagon officials. These range from building camps for prisoners of war to serving up chow for U.S. troops.

Together with the $71.3 million worth of work the company has been awarded to date to fix Iraq's oil infrastructure, the United States' military campaigns could generate nearly $500 million worth of work for Halliburton subsidiary KBR, formerly Kellogg Brown & Root.
MORE

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Oil majors to ditch demand by Saudis
Bloomberg Business News

Royal Dutch/Shell Group, BP, Total and their partners plan to reject Saudi Arabia's ultimatum on what would be $25 billion of projects in the nation's natural gas and power industries, people familiar with the talks said Thursday.

Saudi Oil Minister Ali al-Naimi wrote to the companies and demanded an agreement by Wednesday, otherwise they lose the rights to the ventures 15 days later, a Saudi official familiar with the situation said. Crown Prince Abdullah, the de facto ruler of the country, invited the oil companies back to the country in 1998 after it evicted them in the 1970s.

MORE

Thepagoda

Chimp
Aug 31, 2002
Davis, CA
by the title of your thread I'm getting that you think this criticism of halliburton is unfounded. is this your stance?

To me, having someone who benefits from the actions of a company that has a vested interest in the destruction and reconstruction of infrastructure helping to make decisions about wars (where there is a clear and tangible economic gain) is a conflict of interest. last time I checked that is a breach of office.