Quantcast

Crrrraccck!

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Nah I am not worried about it too much on mine, but was just curious how the creeking sounded that lead you to look for a crack.

I think alot of it is in my head. I doubt there is a crack of any kind that I'd have. I just didn't know how you see it/tell if you have one or not.

So Creeking can come from many different things that don't lead to a crack?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Originally posted by Spunger
So Creeking can come from many different things that don't lead to a crack?
Oh yeah, it usually is something else. Cable housing, pivots that need grease, that sorta thing. Dual suspension, especially DH bikes, seem to generate them pretty often;) I just knew this wasn't one of those things cause it sounded so bad.

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
My bike creacks a lot, but i discovered that is either the Ti saddle or the cleats on my Time Z pedals... coz when i dont wear clipples shoes there is no creak at all,

also my bloody chain creaks since it is unlubbed for the better part of the winter. Touch wood, my drops are 3ft max (laugh freely here :D) so i dont expect to see any cracks

Best of luck with the frame zarko, you are all lucky that you live in the States as far as warranties go.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Allright, I'm getting annoyed.

I emailed Intense on 3/5 and called and left a message the same day.
I've tried yesterday and today to get a hold of warranty there on the phone and I haven't heard a thing. I know they are a small company but dude:confused:

How long should I expect to wait to hear form anyone there? this sucks.....

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
I wouls stip the paint where the crack is. I had a old ht frame that looked like it had a crack at the head tube. I stripped it and it was 100% ok. the paint had just been stessed. Just a thought.:thumb:

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Cracked paint doesn't make a bike sound like this though, and I checked EVERYTHING else.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Sorry bro, Just box it up and send it in. I know m1's can be loud but if yours sounds that bad send it in. If they won't call or respond back, if they do fix it you shouldn't buy another. Not something you want to deal with again!:mad:

Spunger

Feb 19, 2003
Zark........you need to take charge!

Skip the warrenty department and get a customer service guy and explain to him what has happened, and tell him you are starting to get pissed that intense doesn't return calls or emails, and they may get it figured out, atleast if he is a good customer sales dude.

Either that or start sending Jeff Steber some hate letters to his personal address. That'll get someone's attention atleast :)

When at work if I can't get a warrenty guy I get a customer service person and make them take care of it. I haven't had a bike related warrenty problem yet so I don't know that industry but computer wise it's not a problem.

Good Luck

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Originally posted by Lexx D
Sorry bro, Just box it up and send it in. I know m1's can be loud but if yours sounds that bad send it in. If they won't call or respond back, if they do fix it you shouldn't buy another. Not something you want to deal with again!:mad:
Are you high? Sending a bike to a company without a RA number or talking to anyone is like asking for it to get lost.
noob:rolleyes:

Spunger, I'll give them one more day, then they get the horns:devil:

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Well I finally got a hold of the warranty dept. They are going to take care of me, it will be a couple weeks until my new front end is ready. So things are on the right path and I am much relieved:)

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Still cracked, still waiting:(

If I don't hear anything by Friday, I'll give em a call.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
If anyone is curious it is still cracked, I still don't have a frame and am missing DHing so much.

What happened? They forgot to make my frame:angry:
Don't know how they could have that slip by them:rolleyes:
What did they offer? "well we have a red front end we can give you"
My bike is black, i don't think so.

So they are stripping a re powdercoating it, so I wait some more.:(

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by Zark
If anyone is curious it is still cracked, I still don't have a frame and am missing DHing so much.

What happened? They forgot to make my frame:angry:
Don't know how they could have that slip by them:rolleyes:
What did they offer? "well we have a red front end we can give you"
My bike is black, i don't think so.

So they are stripping a re powdercoating it, so I wait some more.:(
That sucks, one more month till N* opens, gotta hurry:D

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I could be wrong, but it seems amazing to me that they gave you a warranty on a used team issue frame at all. Did they ask you to pay for anything?
I would say even if it takes the better part of a year (which it just might at this point :D ) It is still worth it.

I hope it comes before the CA. summer heat really kicks in.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Originally posted by punkassean
I could be wrong, but it seems amazing to me that they gave you a warranty on a used team issue frame at all. Did they ask you to pay for anything?
I would say even if it takes the better part of a year (which it just might at this point :D ) It is still worth it.

I hope it comes before the CA. summer heat really kicks in.
It was treated as a new bike cause it was never ridden/used and bought from an Intense employee

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Originally posted by Zark
It was treated as a new bike cause it was never ridden/used and bought from an Intense employee
well that does change things, is it one of the thin wall pro bikes? that are sort of "disposable" or was it relatively standard?

I now revert to what's up with that mode:confused: hurry up already Intense:eviltongu

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
well that does change things, is it one of the thin wall pro bikes? that are sort of "disposable" or was it relatively standard?

I now revert to what's up with that mode:confused: hurry up already Intense:eviltongu

"Strategically lightened":rolleyes:

What they really meant is we put an SLX headtube on an M1 (what it looks like. I think the mainframe is lightened in other ways too. I put it on the scale when I got it and its a hair under a normal M1, not worth it IMO.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
You are relatively light and smooth so no worries, plus I know that huge road gaps aren't your cup of tea. :p I am sure the new frame will hold up better, and if it doesn't...:devil: :dead: :devil: :dead: We shall storm the fort at midnight with torches ablaze and inflict relentless persecution upon these so called Intense ones!!!!

Sgt Brown

Monkey
Feb 19, 2002
Trabuco Canyon, CA
Originally posted by spookydave
I had a problem with a swing arm once. I drove out there and they switched it out on the spot.
I'm sure they will take care on you. Just don't know about the time line.
Yeah, I've dealt with Intense's customer service before and they were really great. I rode Intense for just under 3 years, and had ovalized an M1 head tube and put a crack in my Tazer. They took care of them both without question and did it quickly. They really stand behind their frames. It's a great company to work with.

Spunger

Feb 19, 2003
Jesus Christ you still don't have it yet?

It's amazing because someone else on here posted a complete new frame in 30 day turn around period with shipping included in that 30 day and I believe he's on the east coast.

You'd think they'd have some of each part already pre-made so they do their inspections, check it out, verify the problem and ship you a new one. Should take 2-3 weeks max.

Well good luck Noah, atleast you have 1 whole Intense to ride around on :)

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Wow, I start this rant again and what happens?

I get an email saying my frame just came out of powdercoat, I should be setup again very soon! Woo Hoo!!:dancing:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I'm sure they saw my post and were trembling with fear, no doubt they moved your frame to 1st priority status out of fear of retaliation.
:devil: :devil: :devil:

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I'm sure they saw my post and were trembling with fear, no doubt they moved your frame to 1st priority status out of fear of retaliation.
:devil: :devil: :devil:
:rolleyes: Ummm Yeah. Its that or sheer dumb luck:D

How is Santa Cruz treating you? Enjoying Hippy paradise?:devil:
I gotta come up there and ride soon

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Are you doubting my power to strike fear in the hearts of the timid and weak???

:D

SC is cool, lots of good trails, really fast and flowy almost no rocks but lots of logs and small to medium jumps instead. It is also really shady so it stays cooler in the trees. Not bad at all. cruise up and check it out some time. I have met a few local riders and they all seem to be really well rounded cyclists who can actually climb and jump. I didn't see as much of that in SB, it seemed like people down there either did one or the other. Speaking of people from SB who like to jump and not climb, Carlin is heading out to Utah after BB to shoot with Big D for NWDV. I am pretty stoked to see my boy go big time like that. I came down to SB for the Kona demo a few weekends ago and rode Jes, it was sooo fun, I really miss that trail man! It is the jewel of SB for sure.

stRYder

Chimp
Feb 29, 2004
kelowna, BC, Cananadia
whoa,
i just happened on this thread sean, sweet to hear Carlin getting shown some industry love after the UFC fiasco! Presently, I have my sights set on the "Airprentice" up at whistler, check it out on NSMB.com stevejust finished up with "the collective" and is off to austria in a few days for that big freeride contest! he is stoked! we have been killing it in kamloops for like the last 3 weekends straight.

Ry

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
*thread hijack mode: ACTIVATED*

Ryan,
you still gonna be at whistler in July? I need to dial in lodging like right now. I will check out NSMB for info on that AIRprentice, lemme guess, it's like the UFC but the main stipulation other than riding is who has the most wicked trump like comb-over? I have no doubt that any comp. you enter will be shown the proper RESPECT. Carlos Dunñe the up and coming spanish/haitin/american/jew free-rider is en-route to BB and then off the Utah, wish him luck! Steve to Austria...that's far.

*thread hijack mode: DEACTIVATED*

Noah, did ya get yer bike back yet?