Quantcast

Cruiser

Quamen

Chimp
May 18, 2006
England
I'm looking at picking up a cheap cruiser for some very light street a bit of DJing and getting to college on. I like the look of the MirraCo Icon 20Forty and the DK general Lee 24, witch one should I get are are there any better options out there for the same price.

Thanks

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
are there any 24" bmx cruisers out there with super short rear ends yet ?

Shadow Conspiracy, Federal, We The People, DK, Haro . . . all seem to be building almost identical geometry cruisers, with 15.75"CS, 21.5" TT. even when you can grind the dropout out and pull the wheel way up, you are going to have tire clearance problems. i haven't seen the wishbone/arc design yet (like the USB Molly)....

kinda weird that 24" mtb frames seem to be out ahead on this.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
The new We the People - UNIFIED 24" complete looks nice.

Back end length is shorter. Handlebar height is medium, better than the MirraCo and DK whose bars are too low. But an XL option would be cool, with a 22" or 22.5" tt.

http://wethepeople.de/V3/product/248

"A Pro line cruiser with unique wethepeople design and features. A no
compromise full 4130 CrMo frame (21.5’’ TT, 15.25’’ CS), forks and bars, fully sealed Mid size BB, sealed front and rear alloy hubs and sealed internal headset. Finished off with even more quality touches like the CNC’d 6061T6 Alloy sprocket, aftermarket wtp Rhombus grips, alloy rims and KMC chain. ... made as much for rocking as it is for slouchin’."

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
are there any 24" bmx cruisers out there with super short rear ends yet ?

Shadow Conspiracy, Federal, We The People, DK, Haro . . . all seem to be building almost identical geometry cruisers, with 15.75"CS, 21.5" TT. even when you can grind the dropout out and pull the wheel way up, you are going to have tire clearance problems. i haven't seen the wishbone/arc design yet (like the USB Molly)....

kinda weird that 24" mtb frames seem to be out ahead on this.
That's what a few of us have been saying for awhile now. There's just not a lot out there in terms of quality "freestyle" cruisers. Most have racing geo. One of the shorter chainstays I've found is on Schneider race frames. They also do custom builds...

http://www.schneiderraceframes.com/frames/24proxxxl.htm

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
I just got a Dk general lee this week. The stem and seatpost suck. I already ordered new ones. I can't complain though, it was only $260. My deraileur cost that much on my bottlerocket.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I just got a Dk general lee this week. The stem and seatpost suck. I already ordered new ones. I can't complain though, it was only $260. My deraileur cost that much on my bottlerocket.
thats funny. the absolute last part i retired from my old GL was the stem. and I do mean last part...as in I used that stem on my molly for a while. the stem held up longer than the pedals, cranks, bars, forks, wheels, headset, tires...sure its ugly, but it works just fine.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
the WTP cruiser is pretty sick. a shop near me has one in stock believe it or not. i kind of want to take it for a spin sometime..they also have the Shadow and SE cruisers as well..

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
There are a bunch of the mirraco cruisers around where I live and they are great rides. It seems that your average cruiser is more geared to the race track than the park scene and the mirraco is an example of a big wheeled park bike. Pretty cool.