Quantcast

Current Bar height and BB height on your bike...

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Just wondering what height your current sleds are sitting at both in the BB and bar height areas?

I know BB height remains pretty much unchanged from factory spec but some allow adjustment so I'd like to see specs and almost no bike stays as the factory intended as far as bar heights are concerned.

Frame Nicolai Ion 2008
Fork Totem 2010
Tyre/Size Maxxis Minion DHF/2.5" front and rear

BB Height 12.9"
Bar Height 40.5" -measured to centre of grip.

To me this is as low as I would want both the bars and the BB but my 2008 frame has XC geometry so it has to be set up like this.

Frame
Fork
Tire/Size

BB Height
Bar Height

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I will measure as soon as Im home but 12.9 inches?? WHAAAT? I remember them claiming in the slackest shock setting ion gooes 63.5ha and 13.3bb. How? Custom geo?

aanon

Chimp
Nov 21, 2008
south oz
Frame Brooklyn Race link
Fork Fox 40/ Canfield direct mount.
Tyre/Size Minion 2.50 dhf f&r

BB Height 14''
Bar Height 41''

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I will measure as soon as Im home but 12.9 inches?? WHAAAT? I remember them claiming in the slackest shock setting ion gooes 63.5ha and 13.3bb. How? Custom geo?
Nah it came with an Bos on it which I'm pretty sure is the correct length, the guy I bought it off said he was running it as low as sensible but because my totems rufused to absorb anything I thought I'd slacken it off a bit.

It feels better now but I will get one of these later on, then I can bring the BB up to a better height but I will need a new fork as I have no spare steerer as it sits.

PepperJester, I think this will fit your frame, I gave up on waiting for a 1deg headset through Corsair.

Last edited:

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
Banshee Legend
2011 boxxer team, straitline DM drop stem
specialized chunder/clutch SX 2.35
Deity black label .5" rise, 31" wide

BB height 13.8ish
bar height 41.5

The legend has a pretty low BB height so I am running the fork all the way down in the crowns (so the tallest way possible) then using the drop stem to keep the bars low. This way it brought my BB height up a bit and also slackened it out to about 63 degrees.

rides perfect