Quantcast

Custom kids huffy 12"......stickers build confidence =-)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
A buddy of mine brought me a bunch of stickers from Interbike so i put them to good use. My son's little huffy has a cheesy paint/sticker scheme so i decided to alter it with some random stickers. Well....once i put the stickers on he decided that it looked more like the bikes from the bike movies and that he was now ready to put his ramp at the top of the staircase...........

....holy crap! I told him i thought it was too big...he wouldn't have it and demanded that i put his small ramp on top of the stairs to the b-ball court. He hit it 7 times and made it perfectly 5 of those times.

yeah, yeah, yeah....i know...."all you ever post about is your kid manimal". i know....but he's progressing so fast that i barely have time to do my own riding, i get so excited to see him ride that i forget to ride myself.

anyhooo......here's a pic of his newly stickered bike

front view of the stairs to grass tranny

side view....he landed about 3' past the steps in the grass

a little pre-carnage. he landed front wheel first on this one and ate it hard. he got up, said he pinched his wee-wee and then did it again. he OWNED that stunt!

anyhoo....if you guys are getting sick of seeing my kid ride let me know and i'll stop posting about him.....i'm just so stoked and proud that i can barely contain my joy and i figure that you guys wil understand better than my non-riding colleagues.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
thanks all....for those that didn't know, i forgot to mention....he's 4 years old.

he's about 3' tall, the drop was about 3' high w/out the ramp, so that's probably equivalent, height wise, to my 5'10" frame hitting this:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
My g/f walked by the computer the other day and said "Hey......who's that kid going big in the pic on your background?"

I said, "That's manimal's son."

"What's a manimal?" she relied.

"He's a species of bike rider---part man, part animal......He goes big." I giggled.

"Bigger than his kid?" she came back with.

"Well.....not quite that big. He's been eating a lot of doughnuts lately." Heheheheeeee. :D :p

Keep 'em coming, B!!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Greyhound said:
My g/f walked by the computer the other day and said "Hey......who's that kid going big in the pic on your background?"

I said, "That's manimal's son."

"What's a manimal?" she relied.

"He's a species of bike rider---part man, part animal......He goes big." I giggled.

"Bigger than his kid?" she came back with.

"Well.....not quite that big. He's been eating a lot of doughnuts lately." Heheheheeeee. :D :p

Keep 'em coming, B!!
:nuts:

when you coming to my neck of the woods? how's the tar these days? anything new?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
manimal said:
:nuts:

when you coming to my neck of the woods? how's the tar these days? anything new?

Bryan's got some kind of HUGE drop built out there now that will give you 15 or so feet of freefall. I haven't been out there since it was built, but some of the guys went out there last weekend and said it was cool as hell. I'm without a bike right now. I sold my hardtail and my AC. I'm going to hook up with an 04 SGS Expert Mon. or Tue. of next week. After that.....hell, I'd love to drive up there and ride with you guys. I wanna hit that showtime booter....... :thumb:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Greyhound said:
Bryan's got some kind of HUGE drop built out there now that will give you 15 or so feet of freefall. I haven't been out there since it was built, but some of the guys went out there last weekend and said it was cool as hell. I'm without a bike right now. I sold my hardtail and my AC. I'm going to hook up with an 04 SGS Expert Mon. or Tue. of next week. After that.....hell, I'd love to drive up there and ride with you guys. I wanna hit that showtime booter....... :thumb:

sweet...i'm looking forward to it. i gotta get back out to TAR again, that was fun.

here's a vid that i just made while sitting in class. it's 2 clips of my son hitting that drop and his no-hand/clap riding that he's so proud of. it's less than 1MB.

"save target as"

let me know if the link doesn't work.

J

JRB

Now I have been out jumped by a chick and a 4 year old. :(

Keep postin em bro.

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
Keep those pics coming - I use them to shoot down my co-workers' incessant bragging about their kids... :thumb:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
MMcG said:
Manimal your son kicks ass!! you should get him a full face helmet so he looks even more badass.

do they make then that small?

that is awesome manimal. kid ride pics are still my favorite ride pics especially kids throwing down fat ****.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
oh man, thats great. When i eat $hit I usually pinch my wee-wee when i get up too. :D

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
That is just sweet! Watching your kid makes me want to have one of my own. Dang Manimal, your son is just way cool. And big kudos to you for encouraging him like that. I wish more parents took an interist in their kids the way you do. :thumb:

Aug 22, 2004
golgiaparatus said:
Holy crap mannimal! You kid is 1 bad mofo!
How old is he again? I think thats 1 of the coolest things I have ever seen... did he land it? I smell a pro.

[Edit: Hell yeah he landed it... just saw the video]

what vid i wanna see :( :confused:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
thanks all.....he definitely makes me proud. now if i could just get him to obey for household stuff :angry:

built him his first impromptu ramp with tranny today and let him jump his old firetruck. kind of symbolic.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
by the way, i looked for a full-face for him but it's nearly impossible to find one that small. i found an MX one that comes close but it's so heavy and expensive.

also, do you guys think that MBA would be interested in the stair drop pic? i'd like to submit it for trailgrams or something but i don't know how to get them the pic. anybody ever done that?