Quantcast

Cycling magazines?

chriskaiser

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Toronto
I haven't bought a cycling magazine for a while now.

I just started to look through an old one I had from 2002, it was a Bicycling magazine.

I enjoyed it, although it seemed to be more of a mix magazine for both rodies and mountain bikers.

What other magazines do you guys suggest for me, I would like for it to be road bike oriented, I want a fun magazine, not all news, with product reviews perhaps, drool worthy products etc.

I will probably go down to a book store and look through their selection and see if any seem appealing.

Triphop

Chimp
Sep 10, 2002
There is only one....CycleSport...get the Merckx issue! It is gonna be hard to find as they are pretty much sold out, check Barnes&Nobles or Borders. If you want a broader range of coverage mtn, road, CX, and coverage of domestic racing get VeloNews.

Olyroller

Monkey
Feb 8, 2002
Olympia, WA USA
Triphop said:
There is only one....CycleSport...get the Merckx issue! It is gonna be hard to find as they are pretty much sold out, check Barnes&Nobles or Borders. If you want a broader range of coverage mtn, road, CX, and coverage of domestic racing get VeloNews.
DITTO!!

chriskaiser

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Toronto
Haven't gotten around to looking in any decent book stores yet, I did go in one small one and some 711s etc. but they didn't have CycleSport.

On friday I'm going to a mall with my gf, hopefully a store there will have it.

I looked around on the CycleSport website, looks like a cool magazine I'm excited to get one, but I doubt that the Merckx issue will still be out :(.
:D

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
The next CycleSport was devoted to climbers. Man what a suicidal crazy bunch these guys tend to be. There's great stories on Lucien Van Impe, Federico Bahamontes (a healthy ego with this one!), Andy Hampsten, and Damiano Cunego among others. I typically read these things cover to cover despite my feelings that the readability could be a bit higher. The photos (lots of Graham Watson) are worthy of being cut out and framed. BTW, the Merckx issue was wonderful Chris. You'll totally enjoy it. This guy was IT!!!

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I used to read Cycle_Sport and Procycling, but I got pretty sick of the incessant fluff. No real hard journalism, no probing questions, and an almost complete indifference to how F'd-up the current state of affairs is in Pro road racing. I also got sick of the incessant consumerism and metooism towards rich carbon crap. I'm a fan of the sport and not the personalities.