Quantcast

Dakine and 661 gear on sale for stupid cheap

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Seems like a more involved version of chainlove. Weird that you have to be a member and its invite only or waitlist basis. Anybody else have any experience with this site?

Didn't see the post above mine. So OP, do you have an invite, orrrrrrr, is this just a tease? 661 is the only helmet brand whose sizing system makes sense for my head size so I'm intrigued.

Last edited:

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Seems like a more involved version of . Weird that you have to be a member and its invite only or waitlist basis. Anybody else have any experience with this site?

Didn't see the post above mine. So OP, do you have an invite, orrrrrrr, is this just a tease? 661 is the only helmet brand whose sizing system makes sense for my head size so I'm intrigued.
They're just getting started from what I understand, they specialize in clearing our company over stock like Backcountry does with their "one deal at a time" sites. The twist they use is multi-day sales on the whole line at once. They're out of Portland...the guys that started it have backgrounds in apparel if I remember right from the article i read about the company.

And I think they are just a clearing house...they don't inventory the stuff themselves.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i used a fake email address to log in. i didn't buy anything though. Prices are good, but they didn't have the knee pads I want and I don't need a helmet bad enough to use that site.

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
The site is rad. They ship quickly and have new deals from different companies every few days. I've made 4 or 5 purchases from them. This is one of the first MTB ones, though.

Give it a whirl. Here's a few screen grabs of some of the prices. Lots of other good stuff up there too.

Attachments

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Seems like a more involved version of . Weird that you have to be a member and its invite only or waitlist basis. Anybody else have any experience with this site?

I'm am member and have been since it started. I've ordered stuff as it, as have a few friends.

The only caveat is that shipping can and may take forever as they do not ship directly it seems. It's all drop shipped. I roommate ordered stuff about a year ago to a US address and it took almost a month to arrive with excuses the entire time about "well we didn't ship it directly..."

Your mileage may vary. The deals are sick tho and the products, while delayed, was as advertised.

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Whoever Brandon Turman is... you're welcome for signing up with your referral. ;)

Site looks decent. Will keep tabs on it. Thanks for the tip.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
I'm am member and have been since it started. I've ordered stuff as it, as have a few friends.

The only caveat is that shipping can and may take forever as they do not ship directly it seems. It's all drop shipped. I roommate ordered stuff about a year ago to a US address and it took almost a month to arrive with excuses the entire time about "well we didn't ship it directly..."

Your mileage may vary. The deals are sick tho and the products, while delayed, was as advertised.
Yeah I took a look at their shipping policy and it said two to four weeks. Yikes. But maybe worth it for those prices. Had my eye on that 661 EVO for a minute.

toowacky

Monkey
Feb 20, 2010
Pac NW
Whoever Brandon Turman is... you're welcome for signing up with your referral. ;)
I'm guessing Beast = Brandon Turman aka bturman of Vital.

From user CP:
About Beast

Occupation
Content Manager at Vital MTB

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
I've been a member for a while and since I really need a new trail helmet, ordered one of hte 661. At that price, why not. Regarding shipping, the expected ship date for my order is July 13, so yeah, it takes a while.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
The site is rad. They ship quickly and have new deals from different companies every few days. I've made 4 or 5 purchases from them. This is one of the first MTB ones, though.
Their shipping sucks. It can take forever to get your stuff. That being said, you do get it, eventually. And it's not even close to the first MTB sale, either. Lots of MTB stuff has been up in the past.

I ask bc this thread does tiptoe the line between content and spam... Be advised.
Tiptoes? You're supposed to get a $10 credit with your personal invitation referring your family and friends, not by spamming the Ridemonkey DH forum with a link to your referral page. Beast is making money off of the clicks from his posting. How is this not spam?

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
Their shipping sucks. It can take forever to get your stuff. That being said, you do get it, eventually. And it's not even close to the first MTB sale, either. Lots of MTB stuff has been up in the past.

Tiptoes? You're supposed to get a $10 credit with your personal invitation referring your family and friends, not by spamming the Ridemonkey DH forum with a link to your referral page. Beast is making money off of the clicks from his posting. How is this not spam?
Okay, let me rephrase. I've had good luck with shipping on my previous 4 orders, and this is the first MTB sale since I've been a member.

Again, you have to have an "invite" to sign up, hence the special link. Otherwise you go on the waitlist and potentially miss the deal. I consider my fellow monkeys to be friends...

Join the wait list here if you'd like to go that route - http://www.theclymb.com/waitlists/new

Feel free to delete if you'd like mods.

Last edited:

samIam

Chimp
Jun 23, 2011
I dont know if it SPAM but thanks for the tip, saved alot of money i was going to buy anyways.